Edward Snowden - NSA Leaks

wevsspot

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If clandestine government snooping and eavesdropping of the citizenry makes for a safer republic.....................  ummm how did the Boston Marathon Bombing happen?  If the government is going to justify these programs they need to explain the scope and extent of each activity and provide case examples where specific acts of terrorism were averted as a result of said activities.  Guess what, they won't or they can't.  And even if the government could or would - I don't think I'd trust their narrative.

What has been uncovered here is just plain wrong and it is an affront to the rights and protections granted to us by our Constitution.  The people who should be prosecuted and jailed if convicted over this are the ones who have authorized the activities or directed that they be carried out......... no matter how far up the chain of command.

Furthermore, every US citizen should be contacting their Representatives and seeking an immediate repeal of the Patriot Act.  If those Representatives fail to act then they should be voted out of office next go round and replaced with Representatives that value the rights and protections afforded to us by the US Constitution.

I'd even go one step further and boycott any corporate entity that has knowingly allowed the US Government to access servers, databases or any type of personal information on their customers.

"1984 was NOT Supposed to be an Instruction Manual."

From the "w-w-world wide Web" rap video?

Nah, Nineteen Eighty-Four was a novel. 

The birth of Emmanuel Goldstein.

"1984 was NOT Supposed to be an Instruction Manual."

From the "w-w-world wide Web" rap video?

Nah, Nineteen Eighty-Four was a novel.

The birth of Emmanuel Goldstein.

I know, I own the book. However, someone did a rap video about politics and used that exact line.

And some might wonder why I intend to move to Australia and never EVER come back. I will fly family to me for holidays but once I leave US soil, the rest of you can have this shipwreck but I am abandoning it before it sinks.

I recall Obama said this stuff would not happen on his watch.  Oh just another BS story to get elected.  Another lie in the long list of lies he told.  I think I may loathe him more than Bush now.