ECS GeForce GT 640 Reviewed

Bosco

It feels really bad when I see that one have to shell out ~$100 for a nothing-so-special card.. People should really think about going in the APU way if they are low in budget instead of buying these low end nvidia cards. These cards, just don't justify it's pricing.

Edited by d6bmg

Me as well d6,

This card and cards in this range will not exist except in some low end OEM's next year. Both companies are only to happy to stop producing them as AMD ushers in the GCN APU and the IGP improvements with Haswell.

It feels really bad when I see that one have to shell out ~$100 for a nothing-so-special card.. People should really think about going in the APU way if they are low in budget instead of buying these low end nvidia cards. These cards, just don't justify it's pricing.

That really was the whole point of the review. However when you look at GPU accelerated tasks(May be a futrue set of tests here) the card is up to the task of reducing the time commitment for tasks we do everyday as long as the software supports it.

That really was the whole point of the review. However when you look at GPU accelerated tasks(May be a futrue set of tests here) the card is up to the task of reducing the time commitment for tasks we do everyday as long as the software supports it.

Yes, I got that. According to the leaks, HD5000 GT3 would also be equivalent to GT640, which will definitely mark the end of these very low end DDR3 cards.

Now, let see, what Haswell actually has to offer.

Yes, I got that. According to the leaks, HD5000 GT3 would also be equivalent to GT640, which will definitely mark the end of these very low end DDR3 cards.

Now, let see, what Haswell actually has to offer.

I'll let you know...When the times right!