Registry cleaners

mcsquared

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use CCleaner. I run it to clean up temp files and cookies mainly. You can choose to keep certain cookies which means it keeps some that are just log in cookies. So I don't have to log in to OCC after cleaning cookies. I do run the registry cleaner part every now and then. Usually just to clean up after uninstalling a program as they never get all the registry files.

I'm being serious. I haven't touched a registry cleaner since XP.

:withstupid:

I'd have to agree I haven't used one in a while.

The only time registry cleaners have help sometimes is when a program didn't uninstall or update properly running a registry cleaner would sometimes fix those issues but other then that based on what I have heard most registry cleaners just don't work.

The only time registry cleaners have help sometimes is when a program didn't uninstall or update properly running a registry cleaner would sometimes fix those issues but other then that based on what I have heard most registry cleaners just don't work.

+1

CCleaner is the best....it's free, efficient, and simple

Edited by Il_napoletano

CCleaner is the best....it's free, efficient, and simple

...and just as pointless as all of the rest of them on a modern OS.

Using a registry cleaner is like rebooting your computer to avoid memory leaks. :lol:

yup ccleaner if it's really necessary, but i have messed around and corrupted my stuff/os by using it to much...

I do a lot if installs/uninstalls, and have a lot of temporary files because I'm doing some basic game dev so the disk cleaner in CCleaner is a godsend, I just have it configured to clean out temp folders too. Registry cleaner doesn't seem to affect anything though really, defragging is a more effective performance boost for me

I'm being serious. I haven't touched a registry cleaner since XP.

The files they leave behind are usually useful though...

...and just as pointless as all of the rest of them on a modern OS.Using a registry cleaner is like rebooting your computer to avoid memory leaks. :lol:

noted. and i think i just knew somewhat you can say about the defrag thing :)

Ccleaner is a wonderful program and I've been using it for several years.............. to easily clean up junk files and folders.

Ccleaners' registry cleaning tool is safe, but like a few of the others here, I don't normally use any type of registry cleaner. I'll admit that I did that quite often back in the XP days, but not so much since Vista or Windows 7. Truthfully there isn't any need for registry maintenance in today's OS beyond what the OS already does on it's own.

I've actually borked a computer by running CCleaner, let the registry cleaner run and just nonchalantly clicked yes remove all 'problems', then rebooted and it wouldn't start and of course I didn't back up the regististry.

That being said if you you backup the registry not act like an idiot you should be fine.

If used it a few times since then with no issues.

:P