Xoxide Green Uv Reactive Case

Very nice bishop :)

I just had an epifany, it deals with clear coat uv reactive spray paint. uvp-01.jpg

I was thinking it would be cool to make a custom stencil with a sweet a@@ logo, then spray it onto the case, but since its clear coat you wont see it until you flip on the uv lights. Whatta ya guys think? Sound like a good way to go?

I have the orange case, from SVC, but pretty much the same as the Xoxide model.

A few things to save you some headache if possible--

1-the 24" two device IDE cable is a lot longer than you will need, these cases are a bit shorter top to bottom than other towers. If you have two drives separated by a good distance, you would need the span, but you will almost certainly have a loop from the board to your first device. I do.

2-the 18" floppy cable, same thing, you will likely have a loop of extra that you will be trying to hide.

3-the clear UV paint-have a look at my first case, this is exactly what I did, clear logo, visible only when UV lights are on. Important note: paint in on the INSIDE of the window, the UV reactive plastic kind of "sucks up" all UV light, so a stencil on the outside wouldn't show up very well.

for contrast, my first case showing the UV stenciling (here at OCC gallery)

Suicide Hz-UV logo

and my current case, in UV orange, showing the cable length issue (over at GruntVille)

Version 1

Most Recent, version 3

Edited by Dgephri

they usually come with Cotton gloves for assembly, but they make it REALLY slick to hold onto the plastic, I would recommend you get some latex gloves before your order arrives, they will be sticky instead of slick.

And you should also get some NOVUS cleaner-it helps prevent the dust clingy-static build-up too.

Novus Cleaners

Hey Andrusk,

Blue/green compliment each other and looks good.

Purple/green is cool too, but they will fight each other a bit.

^^ Hulk colors, lets not forget about the Joker.

Thanks man. Nice to know someone else thinks so :)

the clear UV paint-have a look at my first case, this is exactly what I did, clear logo, visible only when UV lights are on. Important note: paint in on the INSIDE of the window, the UV reactive plastic kind of "sucks up" all UV light, so a stencil on the outside wouldn't show up very well.

Inside you say? hmmmm. Looks like ill need to be making my stencil backwards :blink: Also, can you get this stuff off of the case if you dont like it? I dont wanna ruin my case :(

1-the 24" two device IDE cable is a lot longer than you will need, these cases are a bit shorter top to bottom than other towers. If you have two drives separated by a good distance, you would need the span, but you will almost certainly have a loop from the board to your first device. I do.

2-the 18" floppy cable, same thing, you will likely have a loop of extra that you will be trying to hide.

Thats what i was worried about too. But xoxide didnt have any smaller cables, and i figured, since they were on sale, why not. I guess ill just have to tuck the extra cable behind the motherboard of something.

That spray seems like a good idea, does it really prevent the build up of dust? Thats one of the things i was worried about with the case. living in the desert and all :)

I have been really pleased with the cleaner-lots of people have talked about the acrylic tendency towards DustBunnies, but I see little problem so far, had it for a number of months now.

That Novus cleaner will also do a really good job taking the UV paint off when you want to. The packaging says soap and water, but in my experience, the Novus cleaner does a much more complete job.

Cables-good point, just didn't want you to be "crud, now I see the cables and I don't want to." Remember that you can see behind the motherboard too. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, finally got everything for christmas. Took a while to install everything, and man, these things are a annoying to put together. Anway, im gonna take some pics and update my case gallery, but until then i do have one gripe. These cold cathode fans that i bought from xoxide are freakin' loud!!!! UUGGGGG!!!! I defintetly cant have my computer on during the night now!!