6 replies to this topic

#1 Nemo

Nemo

Will Fold 4 Food

• Honorary Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7228 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:19 PM

We just posted up a review on the GELID Solutions Low Speed Optimized Silent Fans - http://www.overclock...id_silent_fans/

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz / ASUS P5Q Deluxe / Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB PC2-9600 DDR2-1200MHz / 2x Seagate ST3160827AS 160GB RAID 1 / Seagate ST31000340AS 1TB
Corsair TX750W / Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 / SilverStone TJ05 / Scythe Zipang 140mm CPU Cooler / ASUS VH202T-P 20" widescreen monitor (x2) / XP Pro SP 3
"however, i cannot claim to be such a fish as i am not a fish at all..." - hardnrg,Jul 4 2005, 02:49 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Follow OCC on Posted Image
Subscribe to the OCC Newsletter

Lucky Mudder Race 2013

#2 Andrewr05

Andrewr05

I'll be whatever I wanna do!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11611 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:45 PM

They look like pretty nice fans, not that great compared to the delta fan but thats is like comparing apples to oranges.

Great review too!

ona5.png

If you see the cops - LEAVE.

If the cops are coming - Don't be there.
If you show up and the cops are already there - DISAPPEAR.
Anyplace the cops are and you aren't, is a good day

:yes: 

Rig specs:

Spoiler

#3 PingoPongo

PingoPongo

Don't play with my style I might sting ya!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:37 AM

The neon green fan looks great :D
Btw what about the noise? Im pretty sure the Delta was much much louder than the GELID one...
MSI GE620DX
Core i5 2430M
Gefore GT 555M 2GB
4GB DDR3 1333MHz
640GB WD Scorpio
1920x1080 FHD

#4 kingdingeling

kingdingeling

King of the Autobahn

• Folding Member
  • 10247 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:46 AM

These aren't made by Nanoxia or they make Nanoxia? Would you happen to know? Cause in Germany there are fans that looks exactly the same (in fact, there's one in my OCZ EvoStream 600W that I modded) from a brand called Nanoxia.

I guess I have no excuse for not being as awesome as King... - iKillSteal

Seriously, big credit goes out to King for maintaining this list. He puts a lot of work into this thing and he deserves our thanks! - Verran

RIP

| Samsung P480-Pro | Core i3 370M 2.4GHz | 4GB DDR3-1066 | GeForce GT330M | 320GB | 14" |

#5 RHKCommander959

RHKCommander959

Ghost

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1204 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:52 AM

The neon green fan looks great :D
Btw what about the noise? Im pretty sure the Delta was much much louder than the GELID one...

the delta is around 220CFM/60dBA so the deck was a little stacked so to speak. The Gelid fans were very quiet, while the Delta is a loud beast. The delta was used to represent the virtually best possible temperatures achievable on the heat sink, and the fans speak for themselves on the results. The Antec tricool fans were a more direct comparison.

I like the green too :ph34r:

These aren't made by Nanoxia or they make Nanoxia? Would you happen to know? Cause in Germany there are fans that looks exactly the same (in fact, there's one in my OCZ EvoStream 600W that I modded) from a brand called Nanoxia.

Nanoxia is an entirely different company that doesn't (afaik) sell in the USA yet. There was a court hearing...

"The Leipzig District Court (Landgericht) issued a preliminary injunctio on the 20th of August against Gelid Solutions Limited, Hong Kong, and Caseking GmbH, Berlin. The Court ordered the defendants under penalty of contempt to refrain from advertising, importing, exporting, offering for sale or otherwise placing on the market case fans for PCs with green-translucent fan blades. In doing so, the court granted a motion filed by Xen Micro GmbH.

Gelid Solutions, who are sharing a stand with Caseking at the Games Convention Trade Fair, had announced in the run-up to the fair that they were about to introduce black case fans with green-translucent blades on the German market. Xen Micro develops and distributes itself case fans with green-translucent fan blades under its NANOXIA brand. It had found Gelid Solutions' case fans to be copies of its own fans.

The injunction has community-wide scope, i.e. it is valid and enforceable throughout the EU territory. In addition, the court ordered the delivery-up of all case fans with green-translucent fan blades that are in either defendant's possession. The preliminary injunction, which was served upon both Caseking and Gelid Solutions at the Games Convention trade fair ont the 20th August, is an ex parte decision with preliminary character only and may be contested."

http://www.nanoxia-e...p...d=1&lang=en

Intel Xeon X5650 6-core processor @ 4 GHz

ASUS P6X58D-E motherboard

Gigabyte R9 280X Windforce graphics card

12GB Mushkin Black 2000 MHz RAM

Thermaltake Toughpower 750W Modular power supply

120GB Kingston HyperX SSD and 2TB Toshiba HDD

Custom Watercooling loop with XSPC Raystorm CPU block

30" HP monitor 2560x1600

Razer DeathAdder mouse

Ducky DK9008S mechanical keyboard with Cherry Red switches

5.1 Logitech X-530 speakers

Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Alpha gaming headset

#6 nickosha

nickosha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:03 PM

In case anyone was wondering, the Wing series also has a model with blue fan blades and both series come in 120mm, 92mm, and 80mm varieties. I've been meaning to upgrade my case fans and it looks like these are the ones to get for a near-silent computer.

NZXT Hush
C2D E8400 w/Core Contact Freezer
Asus EAH4850 Top @750/1100
Asus P5B-E
4GB OCZ Fatal1ty Edition DDR2 1066
WD Caviar Black 500GB
OCZ modXstream 500W
Olevia 32" HDTV

#7 kingdingeling

kingdingeling

King of the Autobahn

• Folding Member
  • 10247 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:30 AM

Ahh that answers it RHK, cheers for that! :) I just remembered I'd seen that exact design before ;)

I guess I have no excuse for not being as awesome as King... - iKillSteal

Seriously, big credit goes out to King for maintaining this list. He puts a lot of work into this thing and he deserves our thanks! - Verran

RIP

| Samsung P480-Pro | Core i3 370M 2.4GHz | 4GB DDR3-1066 | GeForce GT330M | 320GB | 14" |