i7 950 100

Fragsman

Your idle temp is more normal now and I don't know what you used to test for load but if it was prime or another high stress program you can blame the 84c on your stock cooler, so I would say the cpu is fine. Some advice if you plan on oc'ing, get a better cpu cooler.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reference cooler is not that good to be honest. As long as you stay less than 100C you should be good. I'd be happy to send you a better cooler for free but the shipping alone would be ugly to say the least.

You are currently having summer temps in the lower hemisphere correct? What is your ambient temperature in the room that the computer sits in?  I think this might be the one thing we missed before.

For test I used 5-7 minutes (to raise some heat) of Wolfenstein New Order at .. medium.. the game goes really really well (FPSly talking). I don't see it as a heavy game while at the same time is graphically amazing.

I do not OC so I never bothered to use a best cooler. Is just that 100

One more thing did you Diable Q Fan control in the BIOS to let the fan run at full speed? It allows the fan to run at full speed this way rather than being controlled by the boards BIOS and sensors.  

Make sure the clips for the heat sink are secured in the board. I know after a few times they like to get a little finicky and sometimes do not fully lock into place. 

Ok first of all I always used and stil using ASUS EPU-6 Engine just to reduce energy consume. I'm the eco friendly guy you know. 

So CPU is always at 1.6ghz and sometimes it goes to 3ghz.

I only put CPU under performance mode (which will be a "normal state") for gaming. Then CPU work always at 3ghz.

But fan doesn't depend on it. It will perform due to processor temp. If it goes higher the Fan goes highter aswell so now the state IS.

Idle = 36
Edited by Fragsman

Perhaps, if you ever messed with Intel stock coolers you know it might be complicated to make it fit. I have broken 4 or 5 legs of 2 coolers already over 9 years. They can be easliy broken.

The expensive ones are a bit harder to put because you need to remove te motherboard completely but.. I guess it worth it. At the end one of those can last for YEARS. You only need to change the fan 

Perhaps, if you ever messed with Intel stock coolers you know it might be complicated to make it fit. I have broken 4 or 5 legs of 2 coolers already over 9 years. They can be easliy broken.

Are you unlocking them before ripping them out of the board?  The only time I ever broke an Intel cooler was when I turned the lock the wrong way...

Yeah, I've never been a fan of the click and turn type of cooler securing pins...they've just never felt good no matter how much faster and "convenient" they are. I'll gladly spend the extra time setting up the backplate and screwing down each corner of the CPU. I always feel like those little turn clips are going to slide and pop out while in use, gives me goosebumps just thinkin about. (though it kind of looks like that's what's happened, or whether they were never secured in the first place or not, who knows)