What would cause this?

Nothing new has been plugged in to these rooms.

A fuse could contain a bathroom and a outside side door light, or the computer room and the basement circuits. I know my fuse panel

circuitry is pretty funny anyway.

Household circuits are wired to a fuse in the fuse panel. If the fuse is a 15 amp fuse then 15 amps x 120 volts = 1800 watts capacity.

Also for safety reasons (overheating wires) the rule used is to plug in only up to an 80% capacity (1500 watts).

Testing what outlets or fixtures are on a circuit is a matter of shutting of all fuses except for one fuse and turn on lights,

and with a wall outlet night light someone could find out which outlets are connected to the fuse. Once all the outlets and

lights are determined to be connected to the fuse all that is needed to be done is add up all the watts that are listed on the

equipment or light bulb (use the amp x volt formula when watts is not listed). If the wattage exceeds 1800 for a 15 amp fuse it

will trip.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had this exact same issue happen to me with a power supply. If I remember correctly it was either 800 watts or a 1000 watt unit. It turns out one of the caps was bad and the PSU would ramp up and blow the breaker every time I fired it up. So like Troy suggested try another PSU before doing anything further.

Insert obligatory post here about why Thermaltake products should be avoided at all costs.

Even though they are a market leader in many categories, have a pretty good warranty/RMA department, and have some of the best products around? I've been using a TT PSU for almost four years now and haven't had a single issue. Every company has products go bad eventually so saying TT sucks and always will is a bit of a misnomer. I admit they weren't always the best, like when they first got started, but they've really improved over the last few years and I have no problem recommending any of the products they make.

Even though they are a market leader in many categories, have a pretty good warranty/RMA department, and have some of the best products around? I've been using a TT PSU for almost four years now and haven't had a single issue. Every company has products go bad eventually so saying TT sucks and always will is a bit of a misnomer. I admit they weren't always the best, like when they first got started, but they've really improved over the last few years and I have no problem recommending any of the products they make.

:withstupid: The Thermaltake Frio beats many more expensive coolers as just one example, I heard their PSU's were decent as well

OMFG SO I think I know what is going on here.

As I pulled the PSU from the case; I discovered that there was a liquid inside the PSU.

What could cause a liquid in my PSU? My dog didn't pee on it, and I don't think I did.

The only 2 things I have in mind are

1] My Domino ALC is leaking (Which I can't find if it is)

2] Grease from a ball bearing?

OMFG SO I think I know what is going on here.

As I pulled the PSU from the case; I discovered that there was a liquid inside the PSU.

What could cause a liquid in my PSU? My dog didn't pee on it, and I don't think I did.

The only 2 things I have in mind are

1] My Domino ALC is leaking (Which I can't find if it is)

2] Grease from a ball bearing?

It could also be condensation. Did you have a bottom mounted PSU with the fan facing up?

Yes, but I took out the Domino, and its leaking like a rusty ship.

Well, rather, it was expelling what was left in the system. Everything else was in my video card, and my PSU.

So are those two components fubard?