Guild Wars 2

WhenKittensATK

Guild Wars 2 Design Manifesto

... GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs. It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill; it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun rather than just having fun; and of course, it doesn’t have a monthly fee.

From Curse.com

Some of the things we can expect from Guild Wars 2, based on this manifesto, are:

No subscription fee. Yes, you read that right, a mass-market, enormous MMORPG without a monthly cost.

Engaging stories based around your character, heavily focused on the biography you set up at character creation.

Quests that naturally happen and you take part in, not started by an NPC standing idly by while his village is burned to the ground.

Visceral combat where players can work in tandem to create new effects, such as an Elementalist's fire wall allowing projectiles that pass through it to cause additional effects.

No more group boundaries for participating in content; all players who engage in a battle are rewarded equally.

Edited by Krazyxazn

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVED GUILD WARS! I got it a few weeks after it launched, and I had played the beta. i love GW still, havent played in along butt time though. I even got my best friends and my sister into it, it was awesome playing together. Good stories, fun and challenging gameplay. and a variety of items to customize your char with.

I cannot wait for GW2... even the beta ^_^

i was considering grabbing GW, but i was hesitant cause i didn't want to play an MMO thatls like a WOW, or an MMO that isn't played any moar

regardless this has made me eager to grab GW2

GW1 still has a lot of people playing, so I would def grab it. You can get the Trilogy, which includes all three Campaigns for $40. and I think each individual campaign is just $20 now..

I think I've seen the trilogy pack around $20 - 30.

New to their FAQ:

NEW! How many professions does Guild Wars 2 have?

Guild Wars 2 will have 8 professions with very distinct play-styles and skills. With this update we have announced the elementalist and will continue to unveil new professions in the coming months.

Guild Wars's classes:

1. Warrior

2. Ranger

3. Monk

4. Necromancer

5. Mesmer

6. Elementalist

Guild War's add-ons/expansions:

1. Assassin

2. Ritualist

3. Dervish

4. Paragon

The Elementalist Class made it to Guild Wars 2. Here's the new page for it with some videos of attack spells.

Combat Articles:

Part One - Skills

Gamespot - Guild Wars 2 Updated Q&A - New Combat, New Changes, and the Elementalist Class

MMORPG - Guild Wars 2: Exclusive Interview

Edited by Krazyxazn

Graphics in the latest video's showing off skills were kinda impressive... PvP should be pretty darn interesting :D

I really can't wait for this....its so awesome!!!!! (insert 100000000000000^99999 more !'s) ^^

LMAO! This so reminds me of WoW. http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/.../calculator.jpg

Interesting: It says in the Part One - Skills (posted above). That the skill bar holds 10 skills, but the first 5 skills are all pre-determined based on what weapons you have equipped. That also change whenever you change your weapons.

Also looks like they reduced the weapon sets of 4 (GW 1) to 2 (GW 2).

The last 5 skills are chosen by the player based on profession and race. Also there will be a slot dedicated to Elite Skills and one for Healing. http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/.../healthcare.jpg

For example, a human Elementalist can choose to bring Aura of Restoration, which is a buff that heals him every time he uses a skill, or he can choose to bring Glyph of Healing, which is a more straightforward heal. A warrior might take the Frenzy skill, which will fill his adrenaline gauge instantly; the shout skill Fear Me! which inflicts the weakness condition on surrounding foes; or the Banner of Courage skill, which inspires his allies and increases their melee damage.

Read the Gamespot and the MMORPG they both have a lot of good info. Too much that I decided to not copy and paste it.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Part 2: Weapons, Professions (classes), and Races

Break down of classes in GW2

There are eight professions in Guild Wars 2, many of which will be familiar to fans of Guild Wars, as well as a few professions new to the Guild Wars world. Each of these professions is roughly categorized by the type of armor they wear: scholars wear light armor, adventurers wear medium armor, and soldiers wear heavy armor. Currently there are three scholar professions, three adventurer professions and two soldier professions.

Cross profession combos :D

Edited by Krazyxazn

Yeah hope GW2 isnt a let down, the skill system, of having 5 preset skills sounds very fishy, guess we wont be able to farm any more lol. I been playing GW1 since it came out, and was rlly ticked when SF got nerfed, now sins are virtually useless in PvE.

Yeah hope GW2 isnt a let down, the skill system, of having 5 preset skills sounds very fishy, guess we wont be able to farm any more lol. I been playing GW1 since it came out, and was rlly ticked when SF got nerfed, now sins are virtually useless in PvE.

Don't get me started on SF, that thing deserved to be nerfed for years.

Sins are for high dps and quick killing, not long term farming and facerolling (eg SF)

But there arent many other good solo builds that arent based around SF, other than 600 and 55 builds, but i heard they made 600 harder. I havent been playing GW much, been playing EVE Online, which is a game i think doesnt get enough credit lol, but this is about GW2, not EVE.

• 2 weeks later...