The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Avinexis

$20? it has to be some pretty damn huge dlc for it to get my money. i'd want at least another 5-6 hours in new quests for that price tag

Its skyrim you could easy add a 0 to that and say 50-60 hours :)

Just think of the hours that you put into dlc for other Bethseda games. I put 40hours into shivering isles before I even went to kavatch with my character on Oblivion. Or the 60hpurs of play I had with anchorage, mother ship zeta and the pit in fallout 3.

I would like to see $10-15 over $20 but I did get my copy of skyrim for free :lol:

While I would love it to cost less I think $20 is a fair price and personally would pay as much as $30. Now hear me out as to why. Bethesda has been consistent in giving a LOT of game play for the money. Skyrim in all fairness has the MOST potential game play hours of pretty much any game released, single player that is. In fact it has more hours of game play than many MMO releases. With this in mind and the track record of expansions Bethesda has done I would expect this to have 30 plus hours of game play in it. That means as much as most full games. Bethesda also made clear from the start they are NOT doing the typical DLC, they want something much bigger.

The base storyline they have shown with the trailer is one that could be epic, something I have never seen a DLC deliver. They are also doing more than adding a location and a quest line, they are adding new game items and general content as well. This to me harkens back to the old days of gaming when you bought the game and then a nice big expansion pack. Personally I am hyped about this.

While I would love it to cost less I think $20 is a fair price and personally would pay as much as $30. Now hear me out as to why. Bethesda has been consistent in giving a LOT of game play for the money. Skyrim in all fairness has the MOST potential game play hours of pretty much any game released, single player that is. In fact it has more hours of game play than many MMO releases. With this in mind and the track record of expansions Bethesda has done I would expect this to have 30 plus hours of game play in it. That means as much as most full games. Bethesda also made clear from the start they are NOT doing the typical DLC, they want something much bigger.

The base storyline they have shown with the trailer is one that could be epic, something I have never seen a DLC deliver. They are also doing more than adding a location and a quest line, they are adding new game items and general content as well. This to me harkens back to the old days of gaming when you bought the game and then a nice big expansion pack. Personally I am hyped about this.

If you are right about this being an "old school" style "expansion pack" and not the modernised form of DLC then i'm all for it costing $20 even $30AUD. I never finished oblivion & therefore never got around to the shivering isles. I was basing my previous comment on the $10 DLC in Mass Effect 2 that adds at most 1.5-2.5hrs of gameplay. Hell even if its anything in size like GTA IV's TLAD / BOGT at around 10hrs each, then its totally worth the "expansion" title / price tag.

If you are right about this being an "old school" style "expansion pack" and not the modernised form of DLC then i'm all for it costing $20 even $30AUD. I never finished oblivion & therefore never got around to the shivering isles. I was basing my previous comment on the $10 DLC in Mass Effect 2 that adds at most 1.5-2.5hrs of gameplay. Hell even if its anything in size like GTA IV's TLAD / BOGT at around 10hrs each, then its totally worth the "expansion" title / price tag.

Be assured Bethseda does dlc right.

I have loved every bit of all the DLC I have played from morrowind, oblivion, fallout 3/nv and from the looks so far it looks like dawnguard is going to be truly epic with many hours of play and a storyline and quests to rival, on its own, many other games.

The key here is the company backing it. Bethesda has a reputation for delivering a certain level of product and the reputation is well deserved. Now could this be the case were they fail to live up, well of course it could we will not know until it is here. However based on their track record I am willing to bet on them.

The key here is the company backing it. Bethesda has a reputation for delivering a certain level of product and the reputation is well deserved. Now could this be the case were they fail to live up, well of course it could we will not know until it is here. However based on their track record I am willing to bet on them.

their track record / reputation of delivering glitchy, crashy, "sandboxes" the size of a small european country? :teehee:

their track record / reputation of delivering glitchy, crashy, "sandboxes" the size of a small european country? :teehee:

With the tools to fix it and the encouragement to go wild and tailor everything about the game, not just your story within the game, to suit yourself.

Yeah they have a sh¡t load of bugs but the quality of story and the graphics at release (even before modding) mean they have top tear games with crazy issues.

Unofficial oblivion patch had multiple thousands of bug fixes at its last update and it never stopped oblivion from being a good even great game, with all it's issues.

Fallouts DLC is awesome, some people don't like them but between all the FO:3 and FO:NV DLC there isn't one I disliked

Some were better of course but none were bad

With games so big you can't get every bug fixed before a release.

This.

I have to say, out of the recent Bethesda titles, Skyrim has had the fewest problems for me. In Fallout 3 I couldn't fast travel or use VATS until a couple of patches were released. Then any time I did fast travel a lovely monster would come with me.. always pleasant showing up to Canterbury Commons with a deathclaw or two in tow. :lol:

I've been running the Unofficial Skyrim Patch for about a month or so now, and any lingering issues I had were taken care of with it. Highly recommend it.

Also, from NeoGAF concerning Dawnguard..

•"Story of dawnguard involves the return of a vampire lord named Harkon,who seeks to put stop to his greatest enemy: The sun."

•You choose sides:fight alongside the dawnguard(vamp hunters) or join harkon,"alot of unique content depending on which side you choose"

•Two new homes,one for each side of the conflict.

•If you choose to side with harkon you can become a 'Vampire Lord',grants you new powers,players can exit vampire lord form at will.

•Vampire lords & werewolves now have their own perk tree.

•Legendary dragons are new high level beasts,Gargoyles,death hounds and armored trolls.

•Crossbows being added

•Some quests will take you into the oblivion realm,specifically 'the soul cairn' the realm of trapped souls

•you can change your face/gender via a character in riften's ratway.

•New shouts like 'soul tear',where you steal the soul of a dead enemy and use it as a minion.

Information will be revealed in the upcoming issue of Game Informer (should be out this week I imagine). Of course, Bethesda could say everything in the new few days at E3.