Upgrade time?

xPETEZx

Irrelevant that I can't type......................

Go research yourself and show me one reputable review between the A10 and the FX that shows there is more than just a few FPS difference between the two. 

However, being candid about the topic, I would personally buy the FX 8350 for myself if I were going the AMD route because I do more than just game with my PC.  But if I were going to go there, then I'd say that I would personally buy a 3570K and socket 1155 motherboard before I'd buy the FX 8350 and AM3+ combo.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my 7950, and it should be a nice replacement for the 5850s. I'd start with just that and see if that fixes your problem. Maybe try and push the Q9550 up higher if you still aren't satisfied and want a stronger CPU

Irrelevant that I can't type......................

Go research yourself and show me one reputable review between the A10 and the FX that shows there is more than just a few FPS difference between the two. 

However, being candid about the topic, I would personally buy the FX 8350 for myself if I were going the AMD route because I do more than just game with my PC.  But if I were going to go there, then I'd say that I would personally buy a 3570K and socket 1155 motherboard before I'd buy the FX 8350 and AM3+ combo.

currently the processors may be on par with eachother but as soon as the next-gen engines are going to be used (unreal 4, what ever the name of square-enix engine is called) that will change pretty fast if the games are going to get optimised for multiple cores. an 8350 is more future proof then the a10, period. that you can save some cash now doesnt have to justify it in the long run.

So, make your point, pitch your reasoning to the OP, convince him that spending the money now on the FX is a better investment in the long run.  There's no need to quote me every time you make a post.  I simply asked him if he had considered it and then pointed out the price difference and the equality in gaming.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Going to think this project over, as I may have to upgrade my server first.

Annoyingly I am at the point where all 3 of the systems in my sig are in need of upgrades.

Initially I was going to use my C2Q in the server and then the C2Q from the server in the media PC.

However, I now want the server to run Win 8 Pro with Hyper-V (Therby being both Media PC & Server)

Unfortunately to do this I need a CPU which supports SLAT. None of the C2X series does.

Will post back once I can think of a cost effective solution to this mess!

Thanks again for posts. Appreciate it.