H70 Water Cooling Kit by Corsair Reviewed

Nemo

that info only helps ppl who dont own a h50 or h70 . but i will be waiting to see ur numbers after u put the 2 fans on the h50

of corse its better but is it worth the $100 or could you save urself $90 and just buy a fan and get the same numbers . this is clearly the answer EVERYONE is looking for.

I have no intention of replacing my H50 with push/pull because while I'm sure their would be an improvement, I don't think it will be worth the money, for me. Now, if I had used only the single fan configuration then maybe, but that's not my situation, so I can't speculate.

That is true however its my policy that reviewers do not modify anything, review it how it comes.

However I see your point as well, and Frank said he willing to test it for you guys for those of you that have an H50 will know if its worth it or not :)

I fully agree with you that that is how the reviews should be done, but the H50 does exist as a sort of anomaly because so many people get it and immediately add the second fan. I did and Corsair even provides instructions on doing so because it has been shown time and time again that the dual fan setup is better. So, true, the H50 doesn't come with two fans in the box, but between the box and case that changes. It is tricky here, but thankfully, ccokeman is willing to do the additional tests, and I am really looking forward to seeing those!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the D14 wins in normal situations but the H50 and now the H70 can be modded for extra cooling. i have shown +15 with my H50 can the D14 do this in a house thats about +22c-24c inside ?

and before u say anything i know its not a every day set up i was using but it was working for benches and test runs and the like.

Edited by k1e1v1i1n

I've been running the dual fan setup on my H50 for a few months now. It's cooling an i7 975. I haven't run any formal tests like ccokeman but I can tell you what my idle and load temps are under heavy gaming. At idle my cores run around 31c. At full load, I've never seen higher than 62c. Good temps but not as good as the H70.

My H50 pulls air from outside the case. Maybe a top of the line air cooler would be better but I like seeing my motherboard and having easy access to all the jumpers, connectors, etc.

We've also kinda been in a permanent heat wave here in Ottawa. I have my rig in the basement but even there, the room stays around 76-78 degrees Fahrenheit (around 25 Celcius). Can't wait for winter evilgrin.gif