Nemo

H70 Water Cooling Kit by Corsair Reviewed

I did finish my first FAH WU overnight for the occ team, I beg for leniency. (:

All is forgiven then, welcome to the OCC Folding team :cheers:

Just kidding about the forgiven part, you did nothing wrong.

Kevin is waiting on an update from the H70 review, that's what that comment was about and if he had any idea of the time involved with some of these reviews he would cut the guy some slack and maybe just ask for a polite update once in a while.

What do you get with real temp? Just curious!

when you tell me what happend with the duel fan h50 i will let you know lol

and if a cooler has high temps as a con dont give it a silver

All is forgiven then, welcome to the OCC Folding team :cheers:

Just kidding about the forgiven part, you did nothing wrong.

Kevin is waiting on an update from the H70 review, that's what that comment was about and if he had any idea of the time involved with some of these reviews he would cut the guy some slack and maybe just ask for a polite update once in a while.

hey its been almost a month slapping on another set of fans cant be that hard . i mean it dosent even have to be a offical review just some numbers in a post .

hey its been almost a month slapping on another set of fans cant be that hard . i mean it dosent even have to be a offical review just some numbers in a post .

Man you don't have any idea, he works 14 hours a day, comes home to his wife and 8 kids (all under 10 years old), sits down at the kitchen table that is rocking because one of the kids took a saw to one of the legs, has to find time to fix that plus a leaking roof plus the water heater is going and he needs to fix it and the grass is almost a foot tall and needs to be mowed and the car needs it's oil changed and he has to finish 3 reviews before next weekend and he has to go over the other reviewer's reviews and submit them and get a hair cut.

You were saying what's so hard about slapping on a couple of fans and doing some benching. :teehee:

Dude I am getting a little tired of the potshots as of late.

You have no clue and I mean NO CLUE what we go through. Its not as easy as slapping on a set of fans. Before the review was done he had it taken off to move onto the next item. In order to retest he has to break down a rig which means he has to stop working on reviews to do so. We have a ton of NDA stuff coming not to mention new video cards here in a few weeks, Frank is very busy so give him a break. He will get to it as soon as he has a chance.

your right i dont know how busy he is who would i ? but i guess now that i know i can cut him some slack.

but on the bright side if your all so busy reviewing that means you need some more ppl on your team i am sure it wont be hard to find ppl willing to help.

saying pot shots seems like i am being a butt head , have you never read a review you didnt agree with and then comment about it ? i'm just trying to get readership up , that way u guys make more money

your right i dont know how busy he is who would i ? but i guess now that i know i can cut him some slack.

but on the bright side if your all so busy reviewing that means you need some more ppl on your team i am sure it wont be hard to find ppl willing to help.

saying pot shots seems like i am being a butt head , have you never read a review you didnt agree with and then comment about it ? i'm just trying to get readership up , that way u guys make more money

Its not easy finding reviewers not everyone can write.

It came across as you taking it out on the reviewers thats why I said something. It might not have been your intention its just the way it came across the way you worded things. I like that you are trying to help build the readership thank you for that, as for the money we are not here for the money we are here for the love of computers, but thanks for trying to boost that as well. :)

Well I tell you what you pull my work load for just one week and then make that statement. I easily pull 100 hours+ a week between 2 gigs not to mention the house work that gets pushed off, truck maintenance, lawn work..... Its more than just slap a few fans on it and be done. If I can get to it I will as soon as I can. I actually dont sit in front of my computer running tests and writing all day long.

Sorry if it sounds rude but until you walk in my shoes.........

I rebuilt three rigs for testing tonight I just did not have time for a fourth.

hey guys just a thought why not unload some the the writers with just testers , not everyone can wright but most ppl can hook up some hardware and take down numbers. feed that info to the writers and then bam a MAYBE faster turn around?

or give me a try walking in ur shoes i will give it a go writing a review i only have 1 job and no kids or wife to tell me to cut the lawn lol. anyways just a idea

hey guys just a thought why not unload some the the writers with just testers , not everyone can wright but most ppl can hook up some hardware and take down numbers. feed that info to the writers and then bam a MAYBE faster turn around?

or give me a try walking in ur shoes i will give it a go writing a review i only have 1 job and no kids or wife to tell me to cut the lawn lol. anyways just a idea

The tester should be the writer because they have the actual experience with the device. Numbers may tell some, but not necessarily enough. Of course the tester could try to take extremely detailed notes to assist, but lets see what will happen from that; the actual review would have to be sent to the tester to make sure it meshes with what they remember, and if it doesn't then changes must be made either by the writer, or be approved by the writer, all before it goes to an editor.

I'm not saying this plan of yours wouldn't work, but it could complicate things. Good luck to you because who knows, maybe Bosco will go for it to see how it works.

To ccokeman; I'm not sure what I can say but thank you. Thank you very much.

I know one person that can handle my work load. 1 , Many have tried and failed!

The writer is the tester period, that's the only way it works!

The tester should be the writer because they have the actual experience with the device. Numbers may tell some, but not necessarily enough. Of course the tester could try to take extremely detailed notes to assist, but lets see what will happen from that; the actual review would have to be sent to the tester to make sure it meshes with what they remember, and if it doesn't then changes must be made either by the writer, or be approved by the writer, all before it goes to an editor.

I'm not saying this plan of yours wouldn't work, but it could complicate things. Good luck to you because who knows, maybe Bosco will go for it to see how it works.

To ccokeman; I'm not sure what I can say but thank you. Thank you very much.

:cheers: