WindowsXP x64 installation is giving me teh shitz. Help?

hey all, wondering if you guys couldhelp me out with a problem.

I've been trying to install windowsxp x64 on my computer for a while now (round about 4hours).

I've used the BETA RAID floppy for the installation and it seems that when windows has finished copying the files across to teh HD and reboots and goes into the gui installation part it screws up

what will happen is that it will say installing devices, and after saying ok to all of the popups regardng microsoft-certified drivers it bits the dust with a lovely blue screen, which can differ between ****_does_not_equal_zero and another saying that it tried to write to memory that wasn't there (or something)

at the moment the memory is runnin at 2-2-2-5 (1T) and i've heard that x64 doesn't like 1T.

1. Is this related to the dodge installation?

2. Could is be something else?

3. What setting under genie bios does this (1T) stand for? Cas latency?

Your help will be much appreciated.

I had to bump my Corsair RAM from the default 2.6V to 2.8V before Windows XP x64 would behave properly. (I got the tip from Corsair's web site specs. for my RAM on this board.)

I got Windows installed using 2T timings (disable CPC), and then started tweaking to find the optimal (to date) configuration. It was a little frustrating because Memtest ran fine, but Windows balked.

Your RAM model is a little different ... and it sounds like you may have already optimized the RAM config ... but I thought I'd share anyway.

Thanx, will try changing to 2T and start mucking around with the timings. Maybe cranking the voltage will help to. Will report back when and if i can boot into x64...

EDIT: Changing to 2T instantly fixed the problem. I am still curious why it does it. Anyone have the same problem and then fix it? ( i want my performance back) :rolleyes:

Thanx, will try changing to 2T and start mucking around with the timings. Maybe cranking the voltage will help to. Will report back when and if i can boot into x64...

EDIT: Changing to 2T instantly fixed the problem. I am still curious why it does it. Anyone have the same problem and then fix it? ( i want my performance back) :rolleyes:

Yes i have the same problem, and no solution today :( :

look here : http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/sho...46&page=1&pp=15

Same problem sometimes, first reason was the driver compatible x64 in 6.66 was totallly instable, some have solve this problem using the 6.56 for F6.

Yesterday i have just change my PSU and i have reinstall the windows using only one DDR and it have pass the first time...

The day before, i have been only blue screen with same text" windows install shut down driver don't less or equal, ... etc... when the HDD ( 1or 2 in raid.) was detected after F6 install... It seems i have used the 6.39 x64... dated on 11.03.2004... But the version date was certainly a old beta...

There's a new 6.65x64 version released now... Some have say it's work better for them.

You dont get any real world performance hit. Dont worry about the 2t