problem DFI ultra-D and XP 64

How about try unplug all power connectors from the board & remove the cmos battery & leave it for a nite then try plug back everything tomorrow and see.

Also clear the cmos while all the power is out. Should be doing this between every flash. Well, maybe not overnight every time but for a few minutes anyway.

has anyone done comparisons to really prove if 2T is that much worse than 1T? Just curious.

ove

r at anadtech forums, people did some real world testing. On the amd 64 it proved that people would get around 2-4% increase i.e 2-4 fps more and thats it. 1t vs 2t is a load of crap if you ask me on the 64bit. i will try and find link

ok found it.

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.as...6&enterthread=y

I had same issue with my Venice. So to make shure that won't happen, i'm just going to fill all my sockets. And that will force me to run at 2T :D

So it seems that there is a glitch? in the Venice core? Or is the WinXP at fault?

I had same issue with my Venice. So to make shure that won't happen, i'm just going to fill all my sockets. And that will force me to run at 2T :D

So it seems that there is a glitch? in the Venice core? Or is the WinXP at fault?

I have a friend with a 3800+ venice and an another one with 3700+ san diego and the same Mainboard, they run xp64 with 1T timing and no problem for them..... and they have A-DATA Ram...... a-data and corsair have the same chips TCCD...... so i don't understand ..... i'm trying to send a mail to DFI support team ..... but it doesn't work :(

*cagliostan* put your location in your profile so it shows to us in the forum. I take it you are trying to use the cgi tech support help in Europe? It seemingly never works well. Some get thru and others do not.

I can just about tell you what they will tell you. It is memory and cpu dependent as to whether X64 will be useable with 2T or 1T. The same as has been the case for at least 8 users that have posted in these forums. They had trouble with X64 and 1T and could not load the O/s so on advice of the forum users> they went to 2T and off to the races without further drama. You may beat your head on walls as long as you wish but often it is better to get working than split hairs or get gray hairs. The choice will be yours of course sir.

RGone...

*cagliostan* put your location in your profile so it shows to us in the forum. I take it you are trying to use the cgi tech support help in Europe? It seemingly never works well. Some get thru and others do not.

I can just about tell you what they will tell you. It is memory and cpu dependent as to whether X64 will be useable with 2T or 1T. The same as has been the case for at least 8 users that have posted in these forums. They had trouble with X64 and 1T and could not load the O/s so on advice of the forum users> they went to 2T and off to the races without further drama. You may beat your head on walls as long as you wish but often it is better to get working than split hairs or get gray hairs. The choice will be yours of course sir.

RGone...

Yes OK, thx :cool: , but working with a system with less performance doesn't interests me ;)