Venice 3000+ @ 2700mhz vs venice 4000+ @ 2700mhz any difference?

Guest Slash_merged

Guest Slash

I'm guessing no. especially if all things were the same including FSB and multiplier.

What about vs the san diego 4000+ ? or the X2 3800 and 4200+ ?

I'm guessing for most people its not worth the price premium...

no difference, even if different HTT and multi were used.

San Diego's have 512k more cache. This may help (a little) in certain applications.

The X2's are dual core, and there will be more of a difference, even more so if the application took advantage of it.

I agree, for MOST people it's not worth it, but some need these for work, etc., or just have the money to blow and want to be able to say they have the absolute best (even if it is running the same speed).

Guest Slash

Right, I just wasnt 100% positive if there were any "internal" changes other than just the electronic modifications to lock the multiplier.

Its like all the Nissans I work on. Maximas , minivans, the pathfinder, Altima v6, and tons of other nissans have the 3.5 liter v6 now. But its just a 350Z engine, with an electronic limitation (or sometimes packaging constraints in the Front Wheel Drive cars). But most of them I can unlock to 270-300 whp with an ECU flash :) woo hoo OCing cars rocks.

It just makes me wanna get a 3000+ just to save the $$$. And if I fail, I can sell it and buy another one and roll the dice again for cheaper than a single 3800+ that has no guarantee of being any good OC either.

best bang for the buck, and biggest OC'er of ALL TIME is the 3000+.

On stock air, I, and many others go from 1800 to 2700 easy. That's 900mhz and a 50% OC. Name 1 other cpu that has ever done this. You can't.

sigh... looking at my weak winnie at 3200+ can barely hit 2.65... help! :drool: