Network Lockup?

I seem to be having a problem with my PC. Every once in a while, when I'm browsing the web or doing something else with my LAN connection, my computer locks up! I have the onboard lan with my motherboard and I've updated to the latest drivers. I don't know what I should do! Any ideas or suggestions?

you sure its the internet or lan thats doing it? I would think it would be something else... what os are you running, what are the detailed specs of your machine? are you doing the same thing at the same site everytime it locks up? Cause if your not id say its something else.

Well, I'm running a Windows XP Professional system. It's just at random points browsing the web or downloading, I just flashed my BIOS in hopes that it might have helped but it didn't. I'm pretty sure it is LAN because I've disconnected it before and it works just fine.

Reboot your cable modem if thats what you have.... Leave it off for 20 minutes unplugged from the wall power it will force a full reset of the modem and relocate you on the provider nework, it may be a problem at there end.