SLI-DR and USB Mouse problem

doesnt seem like 510-3 fixed it either.

does anyone have any idea at all? any of the DFI employees want to comment cos its really starting 2 piss me off after flashing numerous times and doing everything ive been told, the mouse is fine, nothin wrong with it, maybe it could be a mobo problem.

anyone?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried disabling the 'USB Mouse Support' in the BIOS? Apparently this setting if enabled allows BIOS support for USB devices, however you can actually get better performance when using OS support for the USB device (i.e. disable this option).

Note that disabling USB Mouse/USB Keyboard support in the BIOS doesn't mean USB devices stop working - I'm using a USB keyboard/mouse and they work fine without BIOS support for the devices.

My USB keyboard and mouse now seem much more consistently smooth.

/EDIT - Here is the reference from Adrian Wong's BIOS Guide:

http://www.rojakpot.com/showFreeBOG.aspx?Lang=0&bogno=227

yeah tried disabling and enabling and switching between usb 1.1 + 2 and just usb 1.1, tried pretty much every combination of bios settings with the 623-3 bios and the 510-3FIX bios, maybe will just have 2 keep flashing and see what works, wish RGone or someone could look into this problem for me =(

hey ExRoadie, thanks for the reply, i have tried the following combinations:

Microsoft Intellimouse Optical connected to USB port and USB Keyboard connected to USB port.

Microsoft Intellimouse Optical connected to PS/2 via dongle and USB Keyboard connected to USB port.

Microsoft Intellimouse Optical connected to USB port an USB Keyboard connected to PS/2 via dongle.

Native PS/2 Keyboard and Microsoft Intellimouse Optical connected to USB port.

Native PS/2 Keyboard and Microsoft Intellimouse Optical connected to PS/2 port via dongle.

Native PS/2 Keyboard and Native PS/2 Mouse.

For some reason even the combination of both native didnt work either but i didnt really investigate that problem much, i will be getting an MX-518 mouse soon, but it is still a couple weeks away so i need to get my current mouse working.

Thanks again dude! =)

The real kicker is the native PS2 mouse failure.

At this point I would try a clean OS install. If you want, you can try a clean install with another drive instead of your current OS install.

The fact that any mouse doesn't work on either USB or PS2 is the reason I suspect the OS.

hey ExRoadie, thanks for the reply, i have tried the following combinations:

Microsoft Intellimouse Optical connected to USB port and USB Keyboard connected to USB port.

Microsoft Intellimouse Optical connected to PS/2 via dongle and USB Keyboard connected to USB port.

Microsoft Intellimouse Optical connected to USB port an USB Keyboard connected to PS/2 via dongle.

Native PS/2 Keyboard and Microsoft Intellimouse Optical connected to USB port.

Native PS/2 Keyboard and Microsoft Intellimouse Optical connected to PS/2 port via dongle.

Native PS/2 Keyboard and Native PS/2 Mouse.

For some reason even the combination of both native didnt work either but i didnt really investigate that problem much, i will be getting an MX-518 mouse soon, but it is still a couple weeks away so i need to get my current mouse working.

Thanks again dude! =)

i thought exactly the first thing as you when the native PS/2 mouse wouldnt work, so formatted, then after numerous formats and installs and also using seagates zeroing utility im on my 7th or so install of windows and still having exactly the same prolbem. Its truely bizarre, thats why i started suspecting a bios problem as it clearly wasnt the OS causing the problem.

=|