SLI-DR and USB Mouse problem

hey guys, my system is as listed below, my new rig i forked out 2 build from upgrading this current bunky, p3-1ghz.

i originally had no probs with the pc after installing windows and everything working fine but as my MX-518 mouse hasnt arrived yet i was using my Microsoft Optical Wheel mouse and moving it between this pc (via USB to PS/2 dongle) and the new one. It was fine for a while then it would intermittently turn on and off on the new pc, and then not be detected. Windows would say it is an unknown device and the mouse refused 2 work, no optical light would come on during movement.

I was frustrated and tried adjusting numerous bios settings from selecting USB 1.1+2 mode to just 1.1, then making sure that the USB mouse was always on via bios, btw my usb keyboard has absolutely no problems at all.

I am totally stumped and it is really grinding me cos i have a rig that i cant use a mouse on. I tried using the PS/2 dongle and plugging it in to PS/2 instead, but doesnt work, the mouse is fine, it still gets power during pc boot and what not...i am currently using the 623-3 bios.

If anyone could help itd be very much apperciated, cheers!

Steve.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok was just playin around again, windows installed fine as usual, had 2 do it keyboard style, when i plug USB mouse in it says Device not recognised in the little bubble down the bottom, when i plug it in 2 the PS2 dongle and plug it in, still nothing but the mouse is getting power and the optical light turns on when moved, etc... but the little tail light isnt on which means probs :'(

im downloading new nf4 chipset drivers, intellipoint software (not that it needed it b4) and anything else i can get my hands on 2 try...its just so odd that it worked fine the first time around but now doesnt wanna play ball =(

hope someone can help :'(

it seems that the dfi has a problem with the PS2 connector , my mouse was stopping intermettingly using the (USB to Ps2) adaptor tried two different mice same problem, light is on cursor freezes mouse do not respond, sometimes it comes back on it's own, not acceptable for me.

I like to use Ps2 for sample rates in gaming, but I gave up and I plugged it straight into a usb and it's working fine now.

just make sure you have all your drivers installed including USB 2.0, turn on USB mouse in bios and don't use the Ps2 dongle just go straight USB.

BTW I have the MX510, so it should be similar case.

Good luck

hey guys, ive enabled USB mouse support in the bios and the mouse was detected and worked for a short while then stopped and started and stopped again, rebooted, lasted about same amount of time and stopped again.

I tried changing between USB 1.1+2.0 and just USB 1.1 and then with USB keyboard enabled and changed between shadow and base memory for on-chip usb, but nothing seems to stop the mouse just switching off after a short amount of time...

anyone got any ideas? its killing me tryin 2 work it out, its a Microsoft Optical Intellimouse.

thanks!

thanks dude, power supply is an Antec TruePower 2.0 550W, brand new.

it seems as though when i disconnect it and reconned it, it works again shortly then stutters and finally stops, its really odd and drivin me bonkers =(

cheers!

oh sorry forgot to add, sometimes windows will detect it and install it correctly (then it dies shortly after), sometimes it just says USB device not recognised :|

ive formatted before and its a clean install of xp sp1