Flashed Bios using nTune, Now computer won't boot =(

Go to DFI's site and download the Diamond Image of the bios file you flashed with.

It will create a bootable floppy for you and write the bios files to it.

Tmod

As I stated earlier when I boot with the DFI image, it seeking info from the floppy but then does nothing. It skips right over it like there is nothing on the disc and contines it's "looping" again. I get the same thing if I try formatting with a floppy disk or the windows CD.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So is the boot order in the bios set to something other then the floppy first?

Tmod

Ok the nTune manual states that you are suppose to check the flash boot block box.

My guess from past experience is that the bios is now corrupted.

Being that you tried flashing from the floppy as well as CD and no luck with either I would recommend having the bios re-programmed by DFI.

Tmod

Ok the nTune manual states that you are suppose to check the flash boot block box.

My guess from past experience is that the bios is now corrupted.

Being that you tried flashing from the floppy as well as CD and no luck with either I would recommend having the bios re-programmed by DFI.

Tmod

Which support # do I need to call?

Just find any post by Angry_Games and click on the link in his sig E-mail Angry.

Tmod

use the jumper puller to carefully put one of the 'hooks' up under the edge of the bios chip and lift straight up (keep one hand on the motherboard to keep it from pulling up when you use the puller to pull up the chip)

there should only be one edge of the bios socket you can get the little hook into. you MUST be extremely careful not to crack the plastic housing that the bios chip sets in or it will be ruined.

if you are not brave enough to attempt this, you can send your motherboard to either me or the office and we'll reflash it for you.

Make sure if you send anything to us, you include a sheet of paper with your

name

address

telephone #

motherboard model

email address

forum username

any items that you include also (but please only send us the board so nothing gets misplaced)

Travis Hill

2905 N Hampton St

Boise, ID 83704

and make sure you give this a read as things MUST be packed properly:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14138

Mistakes you made (constructive criticism):

1. You used NTune. Don't do it again. NTune can easily destroy a motherboard, so consider that a warning and a lesson learned the hard way.

2. You probably didn't research the BIOS update you were upgrading to. There are different types of BIOS for different types of memory, cpu, etc. Always do a little research before you pull the trigger. The 623-3 BIOS is buggy and caused problems for a lot of people here.

Now, if you can get past POST, then you can downgrade your BIOS to its original or a known good BIOS. The 623-2 BIOS is fine, the 5/10 and 3/10 are fine. Revert to your previous BIOS if you were not experiencing problems in the first place. Otherwise, try the 623-2 BIOS.

Please, understand I have already stated that I can't get the image file to boot from a floppy. Any suggestions on how to flash?

use the jumper puller to carefully put one of the 'hooks' up under the edge of the bios chip and lift straight up (keep one hand on the motherboard to keep it from pulling up when you use the puller to pull up the chip)

there should only be one edge of the bios socket you can get the little hook into. you MUST be extremely careful not to crack the plastic housing that the bios chip sets in or it will be ruined.

if you are not brave enough to attempt this, you can send your motherboard to either me or the office and we'll reflash it for you.

Make sure if you send anything to us, you include a sheet of paper with your

name

address

telephone #

motherboard model

email address

forum username

any items that you include also (but please only send us the board so nothing gets misplaced)

Travis Hill

2905 N Hampton St

Boise, ID 83704

and make sure you give this a read as things MUST be packed properly:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14138

I already pulled the Chip I'll sending it overnight to you Via USPS, whats the turn around time?