Flashed Bios using nTune, Now computer won't boot =(

I had the bright idea to run over to www.dfi.com and download the newest Bios 6/23. I was messing around with NTune and noticed it had a flash BIOS part of it's program so I used nTune to flash my bios. After it completed and rebooted it's been "looping" ever since.

By "looping" I mean, I power on the computer it POST's and finds all the drives, flashes to the next screen with IRQ info etc...

Then it reads,

Verifying DMI Pool...successful

(Something) CMOS...Ok

Then up comes the How would you like to load windows screen (I.E. Safe mode, Safe w/ net., Normal) I chose normal (and even tried safe), and it reboots and does everything all over again....Might I have missed something I should have set after the flash??? Can anyone please help, I'd like to get my computer back up and running...

Thanks in advance, Ben...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried clearing the CMOS?

Do you have a floppy drive?

Does the floppy drive get recognized?

Have you ever created a recovery disk?

Send the chip off to DFI for a re-programming.

It has been stated on this forum that nTune will ruin the flash.

Tmod

Have you tried clearing the CMOS?

Do you have a floppy drive?

Does the floppy drive get recognized?

Have you ever created a recovery disk?

Send the chip off to DFI for a re-programming.

It has been stated on this forum that nTune will ruin the flash.

Tmod

I did a CMOS clearing thanks to Rgone, I also downloaded the Image thing from DFI's site that makes a bootable floppy to flash bios but it starts reading the disk then nothing it just continues like nothing was on the disk.

No, recovery disk =(.

I wish I would have found this site sooner...

How do I send DFI the chip? Send them the whole board? Is that covered under warranty? Do they cross ship?

Contact Angry_Games on this forum and he will advise you on what needs to be done.

You won't have to send the board in, Just the chip.

Tmod

Contact Angry_Games on this forum and he will advise you on what needs to be done.

You won't have to send the board in, Just the chip.

Tmod

OK, do you have the info on how to remove? Who to contact etc....any info is highly appreciated...

OK, do you have the info on how to remove? Who to contact etc....any info is highly appreciated...

My site is down at the moment but I have a Tutorial on Hot Swapping which also covers chip removal. I will post back when the provider fixes it.

The contact here is Angry_Games he is DFI tech support.

Tmod

At this moment, I don't think your bios is dead. If you can boot up to Widows boot menu, it means your bios settings are wrong. Did you load optimized settings before and after the bios flash? Do you know how to change bios settings?

At this moment, I don't think your bios is dead. If you can boot up to Widows boot menu, it means your bios settings are wrong. Did you load optimized settings before and after the bios flash? Do you know how to change bios settings?

I flashed using NTune, and there might have been something about fixing a BIOS setting or two after it rebooted. I did load the optimized settings aftering clearing the CMOS thinking that would somehow fix my problem. Prior to flashing the BIOS setting were whatever default is minus the enabling of USB keyboard, and disabling the logo screen.

Press DEL, go into bios > edit settings...what do you think I need to switch around?

I did notice that after the bios flash after showing what CPU is seated it follows up with "off center" text that reads 1 CPU CUID (some numbers).

Go to DFI's site and download the Diamond Image of the bios file you flashed with.

It will create a bootable floppy for you and write the bios files to it.

Tmod