NF4 SLI-DR w/ San Diego 3700+: New Build Begins...[MODEM ALERT]

... Continued from previous post

Now, lets check out how this baby looks... :)

Top Exhaust Hole (80mm Fan):

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

Full Frontal Exposure: :nod:

IMG_0441.jpg

The read end..aka the tight end (literally): ;)

IMG_0455.jpg

Front Intake Fan (120mm):

IMG_0443.jpg

Proof of my drilling ability with a few goofups: :)

IMG_0444.jpg

Continued..... Next post

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... Continued from previous Post

A view to the top:

IMG_0450.jpg

A view to the back:

IMG_0452.jpg

Side views:

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

The Finale:

IMG_0432.jpg

Like it. I did. :shake: :nod: :shake: :nod:

Thanks a lot to you all..and especial thanks to you Sharp!

- Rex

No matter how I try...I simply can't end this... lol. :)

My alternate theme (UV):

In a few months I will paint the zalman fan with uv purple/blue paint to complete my uv theme.

IMG_0472.jpg

How much I wished to fit this inside my case: :shake:

IMG_0467.jpg

Without these nothing would have been possible:

IMG_0468.jpg

Lastly... maybe. ;) The whole she-bang:

IMG_0466.jpg

Thanks,

Rex

wow that was quite a thread. thanks for putting in the time and effort. im looking at building a similar system and this will be an incredible help! :D did u have any clearance issues with that zalman hs?

U mean Zalman on GPUs? If so, yes. I fit the backplate with rib facing towards the back of the GPU card. This gave me clearance and then I used a pencil covered with isolating tape to hold the two GPUs at a distance so that the wait of the top GPU does not damage the clearance.

With Zalamn HS on CPU, the RAM needs to be installed first. Otherwise, its very difficult to put it in.

Hope that helps..

Thanks,

Rex

Guys - System is absolutely ROCK STABLE so far. Never got any BSODs..random restarts... nothing. But, my idle hands are now dying to do some more tweaking to the system.

I wish I could OC more. People are taking Sandies to places. Mine likes 2620 too much. This is the number where I could prime more than 24 hrs straight.

Does anyone have a Sandy from the same stepping week and can tell me how far they have taken it on air? For the Volts I am using I believe, it can go beyond 2.7. I will appreciate if AG and others look at this thread (don't delete the pics...plz!!!) and share some opinion.

Thanks,

Rex

• 5 weeks later...

Is there a better board that can handle two of these than the DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR?

i will suggest to try out 6600GTs in Sli or 6800GTs in SLi. 7800GTx standalone will merely outperform a 6800Ultra whereas 2x 6800GT with little tweak will out perform 7800GTX. For your board 2 x 7800GTX will be overkill but 1 will not utilize the full potential of the board. My vote go with 6600GTs...best goddamn stable cards on the street.

rexian: I hear the 0521s and later aren't getting very good clocks. My 0522 is stable @ 2.64 w/ 1.55 volts I believe. I tried for days to stabilize 2.75 and when I finally got it to run for 12 hrs, someone shut off my comp, so I didn't try any further. Took about 1.65 or 1.66 volts to hit 2.75. Temps 42/42/42 for Cpu, PWMIC and Chipset @ 2.75

It just depends on your chip man.

• 3 weeks later...