ocz gold, plat or ?

ocz gold pc3200 or plat 3200 rev 2? right now i have some crappy ultra ram as a place holder. My goal is 2800 for my system. With this ultra ram I can hit 2600, prob more but timings arent that great. If possible I wanted a 280 fsb 1:1 with decent timings. So am i better suited with the plat? Or is there something even better. Any suggestions/info greatly appreciated :)

I would probably say Plat Rev 2 .... i have seen several ppl up around 300 fbs .... but there really is no wat to know for sure.

Just b/c the ram happens to be the same bran and modle doen't mean it will perform the same ... you may get some really good gold that will out perform the someone elses palts ... you never know.

You will probably want to stay away form the UTT/BH ram tho .. as you will probably be limited to 250 fsb, however, I think this will outperform TCCD/TCC5 chips at 250 fsb ...

Is it just me, or do people prefer the higher number (say DDR580 v DDR500) rather than the extra performance? :)

Because according to a few detailed reviews I've seen (Anandtech), some RAM at DDR500 smacks the crap out of some ram at DDR600.