DFi NF4 SLI-DR weird system hangs only when starting games / certain a

Intersting that i just came accross this..I just installed an AMD 4400+ into a DFI-SLI Dr last night with Leadtec's 7800gtx and am having hte same issue.. I will try the 1x LTD, now does this affect performance at all? ( I am new the DFI and have to do some reading on it) now i know there is an LTD votlage that is adjustable should we try upping that??

The way i temperarly fixed it is this: I was running 260x10 2.6 and was prime stable..Didnt check mem test but was only 10mhz higher then my ocz's pc4000 normal speed.. I do have 4x512 at 2t.(I know i need to add my sig, i will do that after this post, like i said new here :nod: )

I started having the prob with any game i loaded it would freeze with in 2-4 sec(Wow, BF2, SplinterCell) only Prince of persia:warrior would work(wierd)

So i thought it was my O/C so not payign attention i dropped to 200x10(forgot to up to 11) and bumed the LDT to 1.50, now the system runs fricked great..Wow and bf2 have never run or looked better even though i am 200mhz under stock lol.

I will try the 1xLDT and someother things tonght or tommorrow and post my findings..

Also i am the 623? bios..where is this 710 everyone is talking about..lemme guess google? But if someone has a site they like for bios i would apprciate a linky ;)

Thanks peps

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's how I have been able to reproduce the problem:

Reboot system.

Load a game which uses the 3d accelerator functions. That means you have to actually get in the game and start playing it. Title menus, no problem.

Play game for about 5 minutes or so.

Open up IE, Windows Media Player, a poker client, whatever. Close said application.

Attempt to restart game or another game.

Freeze.

Last night I played WOW for about 5 hours and then afterwards opened Media Player and tried to watch a .MPG file. I had extreme graphical corruption inside of Windows (portions of the screen went black and dragging the Media Player UI acted like an eraser). I then tried to restart WOW. Freeze.

Reading what was said about LDT voltage, I upped it from 1.3 to 1.5 and started stability testing. It ran SuperPI 32M fine but then it crashed to a blue screen within 1 hour or so under Prime blend. The blue screen was like PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.

So it seems that 1.5v is too strong for the LDT bus or generates too much heat that it causes stability problems.

The LDT multiplier on an Athlon FX 55 is supposed to be 5x, right? 5x x 200 HTT = stock operation yes?

I manually set the CPU multiplier to 13 and the LDT to 5 and lowered the LDT voltage to 1.4 to see if I could produce another crash. When I go home for lunch, guess I'll find out...

Just an update as i had the same issue..Someone said to drop the LDT to 1x that didnt help me what so ever..I did have to put the LDT voltage to 1.5 otherwise i would contineu to ge bsod message of bad_post_header and bad_post_caller..Put it at 1.5 i am good to go..

I didnt have to fully remove my overclock, just back it from 2.6 to 2.4)240x10. Now i know most people with the 4400+ and my month marks are doing 2.6-2.64 with air/water but i am waiting on a new bios and i think that will make the difference..I have not tried 2.5 as at 2.4 all my games and apps are screeming and my temps never go over 40c. And i dont ahve AC in my house and it was 92f here today..hehe Not sure what that deal is but oh well..After new bios i will try it again..

OK, so with everyone else having this same problem; when you right click on your desktop, click properties, select the settings tab, then click Advanced. Does your screen get all weird?

My screen will either black out for a few seconds or split into two pieces and the sides of the screen will be lines up with the middle (if that makes any sence).

Quick update from the machine that needed 1x LDT:

Upping the chipset voltage to 1.8V, switching the CPU voltage to 1.425 and 110%, and relaxing a few memory settings seems to have mostly cured things for me.

I'm running LDT at 1.4V.

I still get very rare crashes, but it's about once per three or four days now. Prime, OCCT and memtest are all 100% stable (as they were before).

Still experimenting... :)

please check the rules and the Important Info threads stuck to the top of this section.

If you are looking for help, reading this is the most important first-step for you to take.

this helps us tremendously to help you solve your issue if we can see what is in your system every time you post:

PLEASE SEE THIS LINK!:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...701&postcount=2

Be as thorough as possible please. Voltages, timings, settings, bios version, etc.

The more information you give us about the problem, and the more details about your hardware in your sig = more help we can give you.

Hi again,

Well, it seemed to be going OK, but after a while it's started crashing again even with the relaxed timings, bumped voltage and so-on. I also started getting occasional nvidia driver application errors on startup.

With LDT 1x all is sweet. Any suggestions of things to try Angry? Any guesses as to what might be the problem?

Note: someone else is having the same thing happen - see

Other Thread. They didn't list their system in their sig though ;)

OK, so with everyone else having this same problem; when you right click on your desktop, click properties, select the settings tab, then click Advanced. Does your screen get all weird?

No problems here.

Update:

After a rebuild of my machine and under Andy's settings, I haven't had this problem replicate itself in a few days now. I currently have LDT voltage at 1.3, chipset at 1.6, and voltage at 2.9 with a 5x multiplier manually set. That plus a total reinstall of windows seems to be doing me pretty well right now. I have gotten a blue screen during a Media Player session (IRQ NOT LESS etc) and had an old game (NHL2005) crash while I was playing it, but thats it over the last 72 hours or so.

I have gotten a blue screen during a Media Player session (IRQ NOT LESS etc)

What are Andy's settings? Do you mean Rgones here:

RGone Up 'n' Running Settings

Tried those, didn't help really :O|

I never get anything like that IRQ error unless it's a bad overclock - sounds dodgy to me ;)

I am no longer able to run at stock speeds with LDT on auto, but LDT 1x works fine. :sad:

Update: Removing half my RAM (so I only have two sticks rather than four) seems to cure the problem. Looks like getting four sticks going reliably even at stock speeds can be tough! :confused: Note that memtest wont pick up the problem - it only shows in 3D games for me (esp. Battlefield 2).