3dmark 2001 Being Stupid...

Ghost2520

I just got a new harddrive the other day cause my old when died, and I installed 3DMark 2001 on it but for somereason it says that I can't run it because I don't have DirectX 8.1. My ASUS CD that came with my motherboard has it on there so I installed it, but yet 3DMark still says I don't have it! I've probably installed 8.1, 8.0, and 9.0 about a million times now trying to get it to work. Has anyone ever had this problem? I have also tried unistalling and reinstalling 3DMark 2001, but that didn't help at all. Would I have to format my computer again to get rid of a possible error in the Windows installation or something? Thanks.

Hey:

Is this the only drive in your system?

Do you have more than one partition?

Do you have sandra? check what it says your direct x is!!

Try this:

1) After unistalling 2001 try to reinstall but create a new name for the directory rather than the default, this should force it to do a few pointing things that might make it see your DX.

2) If you have more than one partition make sure to install it to C: if thats where windows is.

GL, I've never seen this with 2001 but I did have a program that would not see DX correctly, item #1 above fixed it.

i might sound stupid but oerhaps you haven't got your new drive set as master? it did that to me when i got my new computer; the drive was set to slave for some reason