Hurricane Dennis - Say a prayer for us!

red930

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya! Looks like Emily is making a bee-line right for the tip of the Yucatan then on to the mainland. All those great fishing spots are gonna get hammered again.

Let's say a little prayer for the Mexican people.

Hey Trevor. Keep that up and we'll send you to Mexico to help with the recovery efforts. Let you see what real devastation and loss of life is like. /funny

Hey Trevor. Keep that up and we'll send you to Mexico to help with the recovery efforts. Let you see what real devastation and loss of life is like. /funny

I saw the aftermath of Charlie :) we went there and took pictures(was from camcorder):

If you think Charlie was bad in your town just imagine the devastation when most of the homes are made of adobe and scrap lumber with tin roofs. The sewer system runs down the middle of the street. They don't have hurricane shelters or cars to leave the area. Most of them won't even know there's a hurricane headed for them before it hits. Torrential rains set off mudslides in the mountains then run through the valleys where the majority of the people live to be near fresh water.

I just don't think there's any way to be funny when talking about hurricanes.

I saw the aftermath of Charlie :) we went there and took pictures(was from camcorder):

I don't think its funny when people die or serious damage, I think its fun when I can go to the beach and throw my shoe(and never see it again lol jk) and have it fly a great distance, and watch seagulls if they dare to take off get taken away in the wind, lol that was funny. But that was Frances.

I just don't think there's any way to be funny when talking about hurricanes.
Definitely nothing funny about it when some people get killed or have everything they've worked for all their lives destroyed in minutes, some things that can never be replaced at any price, family photos, documents and other memories.

I don't think its funny when people die or serious damage, I think its fun when I can go to the beach and throw my shoe(and never see it again lol jk) and have it fly a great distance, and watch seagulls if they dare to take off get taken away in the wind, lol that was funny. But that was Frances.

of course it isn't funny. sound like you have the calling of a storm-chaser. believe it or not, the thought of chasing tornadoes intrigues me.

Listen, I feel for all of you guys down there, please do not get me wrong when I say this, but why do people live there when they know almost without a doubt that hurricanes will happen?? This is one thing that I don't understand. I hope noone thinks I'm being rude because I mean none from the question, but why doesn't the government just make that area like a National Hurricane Landmark.

God Bless all of you though. Thats gotta suck to rebuild your house every year or so.

-Freez