Broken CPU?

GNU

I made a test. I used the system without the case and cooled it with 4x12mm aircooler but my system was not stable. I got the same failures. Is my CPU or my Memory broken?

Please i need help.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking you could use a rethink of your clocking strategy, it sounds like you tried someone elses settings, tried to increase settings, got unstable and it all went downhill from there. Now your chaseing around a system that was thrown into a clock and you aren't exactly sure what settings are changeing what (easy to do with someone elses settings). I suggest you find some good minimal settings that are well within the stable zone and start completely fresh. Get yourself a good mindset for your clocking procedure and read up on others habbits.

A good start to getting used to your system is by changeing one and only one setting at a time, test it for a while and figure out what it effected ie: performance stability.

You should focus on one group of settings ex: mem timeings, change nothing but these. Then once you've exhausted every probable combination, change One other setting ex: fsb.

Now that you've changed your fsb; mem timeings will behave differently. Go back through your timeings again and see the results. Once you've ran through all probable fsb settings with their coresponding mem settings, change something else ex: multiplier.

Now go back from the start on your fsb because it will behave differently, go back through your mem timeings. By this point you should have a very good idea of what your timeings should be acting like, so theres no sense in changeing one setting at a time.

Now you've gone through a few multipliers with every fsb possible and every timeing possible and you've probably added voltage here or there and now you've got an idea for your max oc. Run through it and see what you hit.

You should always repeat this process because settings can be unoptimal even when you thought they should be, keep finding variables to add and always be methodical. Testing tweaking and testing will give you the best system possible

Do you know how often and how long i tried to got stable settings? Days! And i tried a low fsb (begun at 100x9 til ....) then the lowest settings but i can't get ANY stable settings. My CPU is very bad. I will get stable settings but i tried very low settings and i couldn't get anything stable. Memtest runs perfect and passes every tests with different settings. Even my settings 2 weeks ago but i can't get it stable in windows. Today i can't boot it after a reinstall i got BSOD with system dll failures one of them is ntoskrnl.

I tried different data and drive strength.

8 and 3 not 4 ( i have forgotten to change the key at my first post) and i tried 7 3 / 6 2 / 5 2 etc. not stable with any settings.

2,9v is low????? For my OCZ 3200+ is 2.9 high!

OK bro Understand, I am going to help you, First rule out the hdd, you got others copy your data to slave just in case, instal windows or make a temporary partition on one of your 200 gig hard drives. It possible you may have bad sectors, try first booting from another hard drive, I would recommend taking out the 80 gig, get a slave partition, instal windows and see, that will rule out the hard drive. If u need help doing so gimme a pm.

I didn't see the other responces, they didint load, if your still having problems, pm if you like.

If your memtest stable it probably isn't memory.

Setting your system low and loose can cause instability.

I'm unfamiliar with a64 but from first glance your timeings look off. 2.5-4-3-10 2.5-5-5-10 is unreasonable on my system, give 11/14 a shot vs 12/14, try your mem at 1:1, try your fsb at 133, cas 2 will probably be happier.

You may have tried many settings but unless you reset Everything to a good baseline you still may have a setting issue. For stock settings auto will do well. I wish I could help more on the settings but if you look around some more there should be some good baselines around.

Another note, your temps seam WAY off, I don't see how settings that are off could cause this esp at your voltage. Heat may be your issue here, reseting your sink or perhaps even a full system tear down and rebuild might solve the issue.

edit: if you haven't completely reset all settings such as "load optimised defaults" there could be one unhappy setting ruining it all for you. If you'd like help from a setting standpoint pm me and I'll do my best

Guest Joalaielna
You don't need to bump your own thread after an hour.

when your anxious to fix your computer, it's hard not to. :nod:

OK bro Understand, I am going to help you, First rule out the hdd, you got others copy your data to slave just in case, instal windows or make a temporary partition on one of your 200 gig hard drives. It possible you may have bad sectors, try first booting from another hard drive, I would recommend taking out the 80 gig, get a slave partition, instal windows and see, that will rule out the hard drive. If u need help doing so gimme a pm.

I didn't see the other responces, they didint load, if your still having problems, pm if you like.

Thank you but i can't clear my SATA HDD because there are very many important files and if i reinstall windows, windows shows only the HDD but not the partition and one of the partition is cleared but the another is very important and while the windows install it shows ONLY the HDD but not my 2 partitions. If i see 2 partitions i can install into the one cleared partition. So i'm very carefully. I can't clear my HDD entirely without a 100% backup.

Edit: I have tested my IBM Deskstar with a Hitachi Tool to check any sector errors and the result is my HDD is without any errors.

@surrept:

Thank you for your information.

Yes you are right. I have forgotten to reset all settings after a unstable test. It's my fault. I hope i haven't damaged any hardware.

I tested it some settings with auto but wasn't stable. My temps are okay my system is on the average 40°C under load.

I will try with a standard baseline i hope i can find out the problem of my system.

I have forgotten so much i hope your help can save my system.

@emusnes:

Yes after the Biosupdate. I will try it after a new setting test.

Is 615 Final a good bios or shall i downgrade it to 315P?