DFI LANParty nF4 Revision History...

hifi > got where you are coming from but what AG and I both know since we deal with just DFI boards most of the time is that "we" as in he and I will move to the next board up when the models change. And if they change as drastically as the NF2 to NF3 and that followed rather more quickly by NF4 and now back down to the NF3 AGP 939 board> the user that develops good search skills and technique will be well ahead of the game.

The unpaid user that supplies help changes over about every 7 weeks in these forums. They stay and help until they tire of answering the same question over and over and also they cured / patched or fixed up fairly well and move on to using the box. This turn over means that really good tips and tweaks that we did not see possibly or because our minds are between many variations of board> can forget the best fix but the search function does not forget.

In the background of almost every day that goes around is a phone call or skype between AG and myself discussing forum issues and ideas. One thing we consistently agree on is urging by nearly any means a self reliance of the user to master and increase his abilities. These newer boards are not an easy task. They require skills that I did not need even 20 months ago to read the boards character.

And when every thing is said and done the user here is almost always more skilled than when he came. AG and I pore of forums. Many forums. We get the boards sight unseen and labor hours and hours to begin the process of tweaking out the boards and I use google like it was the best product in the world. I hone my skills daily as there is no way for me to stay up pace without use of it. Too many things to cover even in this forum. That google or search skill cannot be taken from anyone and search is the key to education by or from the internet.

Now that is the real reason we harp on search. Skills for users that no one can take away and the often better fix/patch or tip that the current set of helpers has not seen themselves. In todays computer world and at the fast pace it is progressing the ability to search is the best tool to make computering bearable and AG and I know it and wish to bring it to the forefront.

Maybe our madness is better understood now as it is for the real world benefit of the users themselves much like a pill I hate taking but without which my health would be poor fast. Luck all.

RGone...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest scott
Was it something I said? :confused:

It's been almost two weeks since I posted and I've got nothing.

I even tried PMing both of them.

I honestly doubt this question is even remotely intricate; especially for RG or AG.

I mean, they've replied to posts that've been posted much after this one.

So that leads me to conclude that it's either me or my question.

And I doubt it's me, because I don't think I've said anything inappropriate.

Therefore, it must be something about my question.

Hmm...

I don't know, but for some reason, RG, AG, all other DFI reps I've asked

get all wierd when the subject of revisions comes up. :rolleyes:

But then again, maybe it's just me... ;)

Actually, it's probably because you haven't made a signature on this board in which you post your rig specs. AG's asked everybody over & over to do that as a prerequisite to getting a response.

You might get what you want if you simply click into "User CP" in the top orange stripe in the upper left area atop this board, enter a signature, & see if it makes the difference.

I'm unsure about this next part, but also in your "User CP" you may need to enter Edit Options / Thread Display Options and check 'Show Signatures.'

After, maybe you could then come back here & give this thread a "bump."

lol hifi...if you have to ask me why i even have a job...then you truly have no concept of what it is that Rgone and do all day (but Rgone said it pretty well...nothing really to add, and if you have tooted your own horn over at your forums then should have some good search skills and could have easily found whatever you were told to search for and I wouldn't have to explain it to you, which was my original intention by bypassing this thread altogether since the answer was given to you a long time ago).

now

getting off MY soapbox

use the search function. It is there for a reason. Good search skills are invaluable these days. In fact, they are one of the best skills a person on the internet can have. Probably the BEST skill anyone can have, bar none.

I am sure we can all agree that forums have rules that should be read first. Then the threads stuck to the top which usually contain the most important information. Then searching for whatever hasn't been covered by rules, stickies, announcements, and the first couple pages of the forum section you need...should probably be tidied up with a search...?

we spend 16 hour days on average doing this job. If you can be taught to fend a little for yourselves then you can in turn teach others to fend a little for themselves and so on and so on and scooby-dooby-do-on.

And I have made a handy-dandy Faq of sorts...we call them stickies. But you don't really need a faq when there is a search button there.

My point is...search is your friend. Learn it, live it, love it, and it will pay you back 10000x over even once you have moved on beyond our modest community. But while you are in this community...it is better than the Yellow Pages and the White Pages combined.