Venice 3200+ wont oc

Amin.

Hey guys

Few days ago i got the system overclocked to 240fsb x10. HTT x4 and ram divider at 150mhz. I dont know why my ram wouldnt go with 166mhz divider with the 240fsb, which would give me a 200mhz speed, which is actually the stock speed, anyway i ran prime95 torture test for 13 hours, and it found no errors/warnings, with highest temperature at 41c on the cpu. So i went for playing some star wars knights of the old republic, and after just about 17 hours of playing, i got a blue screen with some text about system being unstable and might damage my software files, so the comp restarted. I went directly to bios, and putted the comp on 220fsb x10. HTT x4 ram divider to 166 mhz( rougly beneath stock speed) from here it goes to the point whereas it usally boots with the Cd-rom device, but it simply just wont, it just stays right there.

Well if you do some searching around here you will find tha the deviders are not perfect. Also you will finde that the Corsair VS RAM is very hit-or-miss. Some people get sticks that overclock qite will for $75 RAM and others can't find any stable setting, even at stock speeds.

I do remember seeing someone running Corsair VS at 250 FSB in the OC Database, perhaps you could try some of thier settings.

I assume you may be able to find stability by loosening timing and trying to keep the ram at 1:1 if possible

I know there wast a thread here at one time that was a guide ot getting Value RAM to run on these boards, perhaps search for that

Thanks alot for the reply Willy. I really havent gotten into the timings stuff yet, it seems very confusing to my mind :), but i thougt you only needed to do loosen the timings when you wanted it to run above 200? The thing is...they are just so unlogically working to me =/, they will run 200mhz along with 200fsb, but when it comes to running 180-195mhz with higher fsb than 200, windows simply wont boot up completely. Ill try to find those threads you reffered to.

As said above, dividers are not perfect... My G.skill (I dont need to run a divider, do sometimes for testing) refuse to run on dividers such as 180, 150 etc. does fine with 133 166 type settings........ next you will need to loosen those settings up....... and last google is your friend.... search you equip. and overclocking... bet you can find some settings or a procedure to work for you.