Building a new system for a friend

Guest oRiOn_merged

Guest oRiOn

Hey guys, after the success with my kickass system im bulding one for a friend. The DFI Ultra-D of course!

Parts List:

DFI NF4 Ultra-D ~ $135

AMD 3700+ San Diego ~ $326

eVGA Geforce 6600GT ~ $169

Antec NeoPower 480w ~ $111

CREATIVE Audigy2 ZS GAMER ~ $102

SAMSUNG 19" CRT Monitor ~ $209

Seagate 160GB 7200 RPM ~ $88 (awesome price)

LITE-ON Black IDE DVD Burner ~ $49

Logitech MX510 Blue ~ $40

BenQ x120Pro Keyboard ~ $23

SILVERSTONE TEMJIN SST-TJ02SW Silver ~ $116

Antec 75003 120mm ~ $12

All together it equals ~ $1,381.95

All bought at the EGG, well going to be bought

Still need to figure out some good ram to get. I was thinking some OCZ but i dont want ram that gets too hott since he is putting it in that Silverstone case with 2x120mm and a stock AMD heatsink, nothing special. His budget is around $1440 and with that money you can make a kickass system but he also needs the monitor and everything :/

The CPU iono about, can be changed to accomodate better ram, he will not overclock his system hardcore. I will probly o/c his video card and maybe bring him up 20fsb higher than original fsb.

Grab the OCZ TCCD sticks, they OC like MADD and they require low voltage. I have two kits that both do over 300fsb.

@ spdiscus - I`m just up the interstate from you by a half hour. ;)

This is my system: http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wishli...7s+Gaming+Sytem

I believe all the components are the best bang for the buck.

Why are you spending so much on the CPU and so little on the video card? Go with a Venice 3000, overclock it and get an X800XL.

I just bought these TwinMOS SP sticks to replace my so-so TwinMOS dual-channel kit, and I can hit 245 with them at 3.3V. They're BH-5 and a steal at this price. They'll do extremely tight timings at that speed as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820218405

Guest bobyjo

I have used the Lite-On CDRW and the DVDrw.

Both have a problem in burning a certain type of files. I had called tech support and was told these burners have a problem because of the software. Sometimes an update in firmware will help this but not always.

I changed from Lite-On to Pioneer with my DVDrw. I have not had any problems with this burner. CDRW or DVDrw works great.

EMC 7.5 is a little large of a program, but does about everything anyone would want.

We used LIte-On for several years, but about 2yrs ago we ran into problems in copying some disks, and burning some disks. I wish I could remember exactly which files and disks were effected, but I don't.