DFI SLI (new revision) with 3 PCI Express Slots???

Sorry if this has been posted already... but is this true?

If so then do you have an ETA and price?

Final Updates

After receiving numerous feedbacks, DFI has made some changes to their nForce4-based motherboards. The upcoming (new revision) of the DFI SLI motherboard will feature 3 PCI slots as well as a Promise SATA controller. The layout, particularly the upper part, has also been redesigned.

http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?locat...var1=230&var2=0

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy, i havent heard of this yet.

But i just recieved an RMA for mine and it looks identical to my old one, it was fresh off the line from what i understand.

In the picture, it is the crossfire board that has 3 pci slots, perhaps this is what they are referring to?

*Bump*

Just wanted to check, if there is any information about the availabilty of the new Boards (new layout)?

I am upgrading to Watercooling and the new layout (as seen on the DFI Homepage) is way better suited for Nothbridge-Watercooling

AngryGames? When will see the new boards in Europe? :drool:

*Bump*

Just wanted to check, if there is any information about the availabilty of the new Boards (new layout)?

I am upgrading to Watercooling and the new layout (as seen on the DFI Homepage) is way better suited for Nothbridge-Watercooling

AngryGames? When will see the new boards in Europe? :drool:

Folks the link here is to the new crossfire board with an ATI chipset....not a new nforce4 layout.

i dont think i like the new layout.

There might be improvements for crossfire and it LOOKS also like there is a bit more room around the CPU...but i really dont like that they re-arranged the memory slots.

Right now they're "in line" with my fans and the airflow......and with the new design the dimms would basically BLOCK the airflow out of the case. that CAN not be that good.

I always thought one of coolest feature of the LP board is that the dimm sticks are horizontal, NOT blocking airflow..and now they changed this again and set them vertical.

Folks the link here is to the new crossfire board with an ATI chipset....not a new nforce4 layout.

it says clearly "nf4 lanparty" on that board...and this board IS redesigned. Look closer :)

it says clearly "nf4 lanparty" on that board...and this board IS redesigned. Look closer :)

Yes but they are running two ATi video cards on it in crossfire mode....I have no idea why the board would say nf4 on it if that was the case....

But yeah I do see the nf4 on there....strange....I like the extra space between vid cards but I hate the placement of the cpu and mem slots.

Ok here's the deal.....the top pic is of what appears to be the newer layout for the nforce4 board. The bottom pic is the actual crossfire....note the placement of the chipset fans and the placement of the passive black heatsink....the bottom board has passive black heatsinkl, top board does not.

They basically screwed up the pics but the info is there if u look hard enough....thanks for the heads up flexy