DFI SLI (new revision) with 3 PCI Express Slots???

Its just the new rev of the nf4. They say it in the review. They decided to go with the ati layout. We probly wont see the new revision till the crossfire boards come out. They probly kept the layout the same to save a little cash.

EDIT: check this link, it has both board on the page and explains a little better

http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?locat...var1=230&var2=0

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually i can see a few and only a few cases that have a side mounted window fan and or air duct bringing air directly over the RAM, when your running some of this RAM at the crazy speeds you can run with these boards the volts you can throw thier way, bringing some fresh air right onto the RAM could be useful, again thats only on certain cases and setups, if your running Water cooling then you have what ever airflow in the case coming typically from the front and the back, and what ever is being drawn into the PSU, with the slots at the top you do get that push pull I guess off the exhaust on the back but the airs already probably entered the front from the lower part of the case, ran by a HDD or 2, then has to be drawn up and work its past the vid card, maybe a sound card, ok not much heat there expect for maybe the vid card, then it goes by the CPU area and then the RAM finally, now if theres active AIR flow on the CPU depending on what HSF your working with, its going to either work for you or against you, with W/C you dont have all that air being super heated and then thrown back around inside the case, so its probably not a big deal, ok now move those slots over to the far left which is unusual as almost every board I have always seen if it didnt go with the mem at the top its always on the far right of the cpu, and that could work for you like I stated if you happen to have one of these cases with a airduct and or the side mounted fan thats always on the far left for the CPU. Some of these so called fresh CPU airducts are useless as CPUS have kind of drifted away from that spot and are more centered on the boards. Add a fan of some sorts into that duct over the RAM and it could work for you in this config, again just my 2 cents and some speculation but in theroy at least to me is making some sense

rgone and i work for DFI and we don't have a clue. We don't report on anything until we have hard facts about it anyway. We know there is a crossfire board coming. We know there is a 939 AGP board coming. We know there is probably a 955 board for Intel and NF4 SLI for Intel coming.

other than that, we don't know anything.

rgone and i work for DFI and we don't have a clue. We don't report on anything until we have hard facts about it anyway. We know there is a crossfire board coming. We know there is a 939 AGP board coming. We know there is probably a 955 board for Intel and NF4 SLI for Intel coming.

jeez what good r u guys anyways :shake: :shake: :shake:

:D

Alright - got the message

Guess, I'll have to wait for the new boards to hit the market then...

as good as a board thats been fried, tortured and shot to death by thier own hands :D

other than that, they seem pretty useless :) when it comes to the vaporware dept :) haha

lol vaporware...there's plenty of that going around these days (and not just DFI!)

maybe once or twice a month we are useful but otherwise we just take up space and breath air that could be going to humans that deserve it more.

Originally posted by Angry_Games

lol vaporware...there's plenty of that going around these days (and not just DFI!)

maybe once or twice a month we are useful but otherwise we just take up space and breath air that could be going to humans that deserve it more.

lol. i have some air for anyone who wants it, but i can't guarentee it will be clean. I live in Taiwan

• 2 weeks later...

I may be wrong, but it appears that the new NF4 layout is mostly due to utilizing a beefed up power supply arrangement to the board and that's why the 8pin instead of 4 pin + molex connector on board. I think we will see more boards trasnsitioning to this arrangement especially if they are dual vid capable.