New Build...starting to test stuff out tonight :D

I think I have an issue that may be considered a cold boot problem, but its kind of not. Last night i decided to partition my second drive (the seagate in my sig) and everything was going dandy. I shut it down overnight, and this evening when i got home from work i tried to boot but it kept telling me to insert a system disk...so i figure, WTF is going on? i try rebooting, then shutting down, then pulling the plug for a few minutes and still it won't boot up. Since thats the only thing i changed last night i unplugged the SATA cable for the seagate drive (with power off of course) and power it up and everything is working fine.

i have my Maxtor 10 in the SATA 1 port, and had the seagate in the SATA2 port. is there any known issues regarding what port you can have multiple drives connected to? should i put a HD delay or something?

By the way, they are not in a raid array either. If there are any other details just ask away.

try clearing the CMOS to see if that helps...

unplug PSU,

change "cmos clear jumper" (see manaul) to "on"

leave it that way for 10 minutes

change it back to off

plug PSU back in

boot system and if you can get into bios load optimized defaults.

How many volts were you running to the RAM when you had the problem?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats, what week is the 3200?

Not sure, I'll post all the chip details tonight...I have them written down at home

How many volts were you running to the RAM when you had the problem?

I'm running at 2.9 Volts as per Rgone's guide. I did back off my overclock down to stock speeds prior to setting up the new HD, but I don't think that would impact anything as I am LOWERING my clock.

My next week is pretty busy so I won't have any nights that I can dedicate to testing things out. I will be flashing the bios to at least the 510-2 or the newer one in the near future. Before changing too much I will test the HD on some of the different SATA ports to see if a simple change may work.

Thanks!

I fixed the 2nd SATA HD problem by just moving it to a different port, everything on that end is running smoothly. My Audigy card also didn't like to work in the bottom PCI slot, but once i moved it up it worked fine. I really don't like how norton 2005 has issues with the creative software :mad: Ah well, installed AVG and all is fine.

congrats, what week is the 3200?

ADA3200DAA4BP

LBBLE0518APFW

Z644646E51500

Mild overclocking to start this/next week since my course will be finished as of tuesday :D