New Build...starting to test stuff out tonight :D

Well you can see my specs in my sig, they're detailed enough but if you want serial #'s from the cpu and the rest let me know. I will be following the step-by-step guides found on this forum and will be posting some progress tonight. I have not received my HD's yet in the mail, but that won't stop me from performing some memtests.

I am aware of the various problems with this board (cold boot, VX memory, Maxtor 10's) and will look to you guys (and girls) for help if needed. I'm really hyped about buying all this stuff, especially since my current rig is a Dell 1.4 GHz :eek2: Finally I'll be able to play some CS:S!!!

I'm also going away for the weekend so tonight I need to prepare for that as well, so updates will be coming but may be sparse until next week.

~Hymack

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I started by going through the process below...

1) installed cpu/heatsink

2) installed ram - I put both sticks in the orange slots...why not give it a try? :rolleyes:

3) installed video card in top PCIE slot...man, there is like a 1mm clearence with this vid card and the chipset fan that I will look to replace.

4) connected all four power cables to the MB

5) FIRST BOOT -> all lights showed and cleared...decided not to get into bios yet

6) SECOND BOOT -> hit DEL to get into bios and loaded the optimized defaults/save + exit. It listed the Core Temp @ 40 C - not too bad, my room is warm.

Some notes...

I only have a usb keyboard in my house, but I didn't hit any problems yet. If i have my floppy power cable plugged into the MB, am I supposed to buy an adapter to power up my floppy? I only have 1 connector right now. I DID NOT change any jumper settings, should I have? I tried looking for the Bios revision during boot, but it loads that pheonix bios screen so fast that I don't see the first half of the page. Is it listed in the bios screens anywhere?

I'm pleased thus far with the board, but the fun will come when I actually start memtest and install my HD's that will arrive on monday.

Originally posted byHymack

I tried looking for the Bios revision during boot, but it loads that pheonix bios screen so fast that I don't see the first half of the page. Is it listed in the bios screens anywhere

Its on the lower left hand side. It should look like a date. You can pause the screen by hitting pause on the keyboard.

If i have my floppy power cable plugged into the MB, am I supposed to buy an adapter to power up my floppy?

If you only have 1 floppy connector, then as of right now you can't use your floppy. You would need to connect that to your mobo. There should be 4 connectors that connect to your mobo. All of them needs to be connected

Although I'm a noob to using DFI boards, I know enough not unplug power cables - ESPECIALLY with a board this sensitive. If I wasn't going away tomorrow I'd be running tests all weekend long but right now its powered off and is sitting in a nice safe place.

As for the bios, I'm going to look at some of AG's screens captures he has done just to verify where the bois rev. is listed. I had tried pausing it during the boot, but it was always too late and I couldn't see the whole thing. I hope the board stays like Speedy Gonzalez :nod: Can't wait!