Here It Is!

I decided to take the components I have now and start my building... heck I can always switch out other components as my checking account affords, but I just couldn't wait any longer so I did my first overclocking. Here's How I'm sitting now.

Asus A7N8X Deluxe

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ OC'd to 2185

Aero 7+

1024 MB of MBX pc3200 DDR Ram

LG DVD/Cdrw combo

40 gig hard drive

30 gig hard drive

floppy

Geforce MX440

Not too bad for my first OC (in my own humble opinion anyway).

I plan on adding another stick of 512MB DDR memory, a dvd burner, switching my hard disks for dual 120 gig drives, and picking up an ATI all in wonder 9700 pro... for now what I have will have to do.

By the way my temps are 45 idle and 48 load, think I can squeeze enough out of the cpu to break the 2.2 ghz range without heat problems?

Thanks again... faithfully now... an OVERCLOCKER! ;)

Let's put it this way... my digital camcorder gets more use than my computer and my wife claims I never get off of the computer... So with all of my video work... I don't think I can have too much RAM.

Oh yeah just like i have told alot of people lately plus weirdly its been the xp2500+ lol um a slk900 with a TT SmartFan II will do nice and not be as loud as a tornado. Plus That is a sweet system and a fairly nice overclock.

That should be an awesome system once you get it all tweaked out and get the new vid card in there. but a gig and a half of ram. Overkill? Maybe. SWEET bragging rights? HELL yeah! Let us know how it goes.

Here is my first Overclock , tell me if i am a noob

Also does anyone know when i can go to the 1:1 divider and what will i expect to see in performance

Also if anyone can help on getting anymore outa this let me know

mem is @2-5-2-2 and 2.80 memvoltage

Let me kow what yall think of the OC

P4 3.00 Gig 800fsb @ 3.71 1.725cv FSB 247.60 MHz 990.40 Buss Spd

Abit IC7-G MAX2/Antec 550w Variable

2x512 OCZ Platnimun pc3200EL 2-5-2-2 CL2

Radeon 9700Pro @ 350/340

5/4 Divider with setting to be worked lata

Swiftteck Watercooled H20-8500 CPU & VID Blocks

42c idle / 50c 100% Load

Windows XP SP1

Edited by EMF_VIRUS

:) Hmm nice =D A guy in my Unreal Tournament team got his 3ghz to 3.8. He tried booting @ 3.9 but was unstable :/

Also for the guy who wants to get 512mb more ram, remember to have ramsinks :D

Good luck in the overclocking ;] If i was air cooling I would get an SLK 900, and a fan that lets you sleep, tornados are every bit as loud as they sound.

In the beginning of this post this guy stated that he was using an aero 7+ . I have read several reviews and that thing absolutely kicks .! So i was wondering why several of u mentioned that he should try a better heatsink and maybe get more from his barton. I honestly dont think that the slk 900 is worth whatever the hell it costs if he has a 45 dollar aero7 +.

In the beginning of this post this guy stated that he was using an aero 7+ .

Thanks for paying attention. I've been wondering why people have been telling me to get a better heatsink and fan when I thought the one I got was pretty good. Not only that but a couple have people have told me not to use tornado fans... to which I've thought... 'Eh, I'm not.'

Again noise isn't a big concern of mine as long as the thing stays cool, but I don't notice much noise from my Aero 7+... in fact I can't tell much of a difference between the Aero 7+ and the stock fan that was in there when I put the side of the case on.

Seems to be keeping things cool, and I'm thinking I might give it a try to squeeze out another 15+mhz (even though it won't be significant enough for performance gains) I can still brag that I'm over the 2.2 ghz clock speed.

hey virus thats a nice OC. i got mine running at 3.6 but im a bit nervous running it at 3.7. i had it running there bit it got unstable when i was running prime.

after i messed with the timings things got a bit more stable