Digital Photography

well...i was just outside having a smoke, and this big ol' spider was still hanging out on my lil worktable (one of those giant cable spools heh). I dig these kind of spiders cuz they aren't lazy (heh) and when I catch them on the wall or something, I will mess with them with the laser pointer (drives the cats crazy, drives these spiders crazy, they will race across the wall/ceiling/floor chasing it like a cat will hahaha)

anyway, i went back out for another smoke a lil while ago, and he's still hanging out sheesh...so I grabbed my camera and decided to see how good my macro is on it (great for indoor/motherboard stuff, but never tried macro on anything else)

so anyway, pics below...my camera is only a Minolta Dimage 2.3Mpxl...but I think like anything, it is only as good as the user...This is true because I bought my brother a 4Mpxl seriously nice Olympus for xmas, and I cannot even come close to getting as good of pictures out of it as I can my own inferior camera...but I've had my camera almost 2 years now? I've read the instruction booklet all the way through and tried most of the settings, and since I fool with mobos/pcb etc, the macro has come in handly MANY times...so i know exactly what to do with it.

I'm gonna start looking for a better camera soon, but just thought if anyone has taken any cool pics with their digi, show em off here ;)

(remember to read the rules lol...800x600 size limit!)

spider1.jpg

spider2.jpg

spider3.jpg

spider4.jpg

spider5.jpg

spider6.jpg

spider7.jpg

spider8.jpg

spider9.jpg

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, I have a fear of spiders, thanks :D

A timely thread, I just got a new Kodak 7630 from Fedex today, been meaning to replace my old cam...it had 800K pixels, very advanced lol. I bought the new one to photograph my other hobby, Godzilla toys from Japan :cool: Anyway, just a quick shot, no setup or anything, just playing around:

00000675ks.th.jpg

I bought a light tent with different backgrounds (which should be coming soon) so I could do some decent snaps for a toy site.

I think these are the only digital pics I've taken, I use a really old manual-everything SLR most of the time. I'm proud of these nonetheless :D . With a Sony Cybershot 3.3MP if I'm not mistaken:

dsc002622mf.jpg

dsc002643qc.jpg

//hates spiderz :drool:

Malaniken , you should be proud, nice, that's not niagra falls, what is it of?

Nope (although I've been there, Maiden of the Mist and all that), these shots are from a national park in my home country, where the line between the plains and the Amazon jungle begins to blur :D

WARNING These photos are extreme closeups of a huge spider. If you don't like spiders please move along.

These two shots are from last September. This monster was huge. She made her home just outside my front door so I used the back door for several days until she moved on. I did not mess with her for fear of bloody retribution(I saw the movie Arachnaphobia). /lol

The small pic will give you an idea of the size of this beast. In the background you will see there are standard 1 inch mini-blinds for reference. The vertical white bar is the window pane divider so you can see she's only a couple of inches above the glass surface.

DSC01141sm.JPG

Now for the REALLY scary pic...

The pic in the link below was taken in extreme closeup. You can still see the mini-blinds in the background for reference. My camera lens was less than an inch from the spider in this pic. The camera was in my right hand and a broom was in the left just in case she became hostile. I also had a WMD close by in the form of a can of RAID.

This is the kind of thing that will make a grown man scream like a little girl. You have been warned.

http://myweb.cableone.net/mondo/DSC01144.JPG

exroadie, that is one sweet pic of a monsta garden spider. i can definitely see why people are deathly afraid of spiders but they don't really bother me that much- to look at, anyway. one of my favorite things to do when i'm camping at night or outdoors at night is to catch bugs, throw em into a big spider's web and watch the show with a flashlight! now THAT'S entertainment!