Anyone ever experience TCCD - one module 1T, other 2T ?

Guest eva2000_merged

Guest eva2000

Anyone ever experience this on DFI NF4 with any TCCD based memory where in a dual channel kit, one module will only run 2T stable while other module will run 1T fine. In dual channel it would only run 2T stable not 1T ?

If you have, did you figure out how to get 1T to work with them both ?

What sound does a faulty stick make? I can't hear mine at all.

Through a mem stick violently against de floor and you can bet it makes some kind of sound... and you can also bet it'll be faulty, too :shake:

Eva:

If I were I i'd just send that dimm back for RMA or the whole kit if you bought a matched pair (so they guarantee you that not only EACH will work at 1t, but both of them together also will... seems no big deal but... just to cover any possible oddities I'd go for that option)

eva2000 i had that problem with my corsair i spent three days trying to get them to work at 1t. Found that one stick would not play at 1t even on its own RMAd the pair and got another set :) now have a matching pair that work at 1t but still cant overclock them far!

Guest eva2000

thanks guys, the ram is Gskill PC4800FF rated for 1T but it's a pretested pair by Gskill staff that did 1T fine, hence i was thinking maybe it's a setting I missed in bios to get it to work or it could be my cpu's mem controller or need to try a different bios ?

you say they DID work both on 1T

Was it the same computer that just stopped working @1t or did you change something and since then one of them doesn't work well any longer?

if you have another set of sticks to try out I'd do that, I suspect that one of your sticks could simply go bad (shouldn't happen on such pricey RAM, but I've seen it happen before.)

Guest eva2000

no they worked 1T on Gskill rep's pc DFI NF4 but only work 2T on both my DFI NF4 SLI-D same bios and timings

tried with 4000+ san diego, 3200+ winchester and 2x 3000+ venice same = 2T only

at 2T they bench up to 320-330mhz 2.5-4-3-7 though heh

no they worked 1T on Gskill rep's pc DFI NF4 but only work 2T on both my DFI NF4 SLI-D same bios and timings

tried with 4000+ san diego, 3200+ winchester and 2x 3000+ venice same = 2T only

at 2T they bench up to 320-330mhz 2.5-4-3-7 though heh

So your same kit was tested by a Gskill rep @1t... but you tested on 2 MBs and got no 1t...

Would it be that Gskill rep's PC had a "very long 1T" which could be roughly equal to a normal 2T?

Besides, one of the sticks actually gets 1t on your MB, the other does not.

I keep my RMA recommedation, you have evidence to back that up.

I'd try, just to test a bit more, the "bad" dimm in every motherboards socket to see if it gets 1T in any of them