DFI Ultra D: First Boot Succesfull!! :)

Ok, so I hooked up my rig out of case and booted it up. Everything is going well so far...atleast it booted up :nod:

Should I just starting installing XP right away or is there any bios settings that I should change first.

I found that it listed my @ seagate 250G on the start up screen but when I went to install XP to see how it went, it stated I only had +/-130Gigs. Will this be corrected after I install XP? I decided to check the forums for some pointers before I proceeded with installing windows. I know many ppl have decided to stick with the 32bit XP, but I also have a 64bit version. I think I will install 32bit for now.

Other than that, everything is going smoothly so far.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awsome....thanks....right now I am just using the bios that came with the board. didnt check for memtest. so i will look for it and if not I will flash my bios with I guess the newest off of DFI website.

Ok, so I hooked up my rig out of case and booted it up. Everything is going well so far...atleast it booted up :nod:

Should I just starting installing XP right away or is there any bios settings that I should change first.

I found that it listed my @ seagate 250G on the start up screen but when I went to install XP to see how it went, it stated I only had +/-130Gigs. Will this be corrected after I install XP? I decided to check the forums for some pointers before I proceeded with installing windows. I know many ppl have decided to stick with the 32bit XP, but I also have a 64bit version. I think I will install 32bit for now.

Other than that, everything is going smoothly so far.

about your drive issue.....you need SP1 to use drives greater than 130gb afaik. i guess you are simply installing basic XP and then plan on installing service packs after? your problem should be easily fixed then,,,and congrats on the build :D