NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

hey Mr OldGuy. I got mine to boot this morning with no cmos errors :) currently running at 231x11-2541Mhz --- 231x4x2=1848 why am i running it this way i really don't now (lol) but it's stable can you give me some of your bios settings???? (please) I'm wondering how you have your voltage setup my cpu vid control is tricky i cannot manually set it to 1.4 or anything else must leave that setting at default which is 1.29v (that's what it shows) and then set the next line to +2 to get 1.42v it's weird but i'm being honest(lol) I can send you a screenshot if you like Thanks Scott

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott> I see exactly this too with my board.

""must leave that setting at default which is 1.29v (that's what it shows) and then set the next line to +2 to get 1.42v it's weird but i'm being honest(lol)""

So you are not going crazy. Oh well maybe you are but you are seeing that symptom. Hehehehehe.

RGone...

PS: currently running 240x11=2640mhz and trying to get the "cpu frequency has changed" need F1 or DEL to go forward> out of my hair. heheheheehe. I have not changed nothing but just shut down and it wants to tell me that. Bios soon I do hope. Am up and typing this on the 939AGP board by the way. RGone...Again...

Scott> "I did go crazy !!!!!! HEheheheheehe. I hear you man. Soon as I get my paws on any beta puppy of a bios that addresses the 5-6 major items AG and I have reported to TW> will FLASH at biatch and let you guys know. Hehehee. Now me go off to crazy corner and stare a while.

RGone... :nod: :D :nod: :cool:

I did go crazy !!!!!!! :)

But it is interesting trying to figure this out and with the help from all the guys we will.

Just keep use informed of any new info you guys get OK Thanks Soctt

Scott> I see exactly this too with my board.

""must leave that setting at default which is 1.29v (that's what it shows) and then set the next line to +2 to get 1.42v it's weird but i'm being honest(lol)""

So you are not going crazy. Oh well maybe you are but you are seeing that symptom. Hehehehehe.

RGone...

PS: currently running 240x11=2640mhz and trying to get the "cpu frequency has changed" need F1 or DEL to go forward> out of my hair. heheheheehe. I have not changed nothing but just shut down and it wants to tell me that. Bios soon I do hope. Am up and typing this on the 939AGP board by the way. RGone...Again...

Kinda gotta sneak up on it :nod: Any drastic change, ie cranking up the bus AND dropping the multiplier at the same time will sometimes get that RG...I'm finding it most sensitive when working with stock multi of 11 on mine. What I'm doing from optimized defaults is:

Manually set HT/LDT (or whatever it's called right now) to 3X

Drop the multi by 1 and reboot to bios

Up the bus by 10 or 20 and reboot to bios

Up the bus by another 10 or 20 and reboot to bios

Drop the multi by 1 and reboot to bios

When I am at the multiplier I want use (8,9 or 10) I just slowly keeping upping the bus. 2.60~2.65 seems to be a good working range for me right now on my 3700 Sandy...

Are you guys saying that you cannot change your main/startup voltage period (won't stick/apply)? Or refering to the fact that it reads so damn far off? Mine shows the 1.28v that everyone else has brought up but I am manually changing the voltage to 1.425~1.50 and the increase by +.10~+.20. Stills shows in bios and any other software monitor about .20 below what it's set at...My 12v rail is also "showing" about .20 under what I'm used to seeing (take a peek at my smartgauardian pic)...

Scott...are using memtest from a floppy or CD? If you are not my settings will be kinda useless for you if you aren't testing your ram in between changes...

Here's a link to memtest86+ if you aren't. Download the floppy version and it will create a memtest floppy for ya...

http://www.memtest.org/

Guest gallo81

Hey guys, especially AG

I just want to be safe, so I'm asking; do you think this things will work good with the DFI Lanparty S939 NF3 Ultra?

Antec TrueBlue 480Watts

Corsair TwinX1024-3200XLPT

AMD 64 SanDiego 3700+

Thank you all.

Hey guys,

I just want to be safe, so I'm asking; do you think this things will work good with the DFI Lanparty S939 NF3 Ultra?

Antec TrueBlue 480Watts

Corsair TwinX1024-3200XLPT

AMD 64 SanDiego 3700+

Thank you all.

Don't know about the PSU or the memory but I'm getting decent results with my 3700+... ;)

I'm gonna throw some Corsair CMX512-3200C2PT in next so we'll see if that makes any difference with a 1T command rate...

Thank Old Guy for tips. Yep, I played CIA undercover agent going up the scale but all boards seem to vary. Why in hale I will never know> I mean they are after all all built with so-called spec components and I am moving one set of known parts just to another mobo. HEhehehehe.

Back to my corner to stare.

RGone... :nod: :confused: :nod:

so far... here is my max stable.. not really pushing tho.. at 40°c load like this.. and i'm only on the stock hsu.. till i get somethin new

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=23901

280x10 - 166 divider - 1.425v - 232fsb - 2-2-2-8-2t - 3.2vdimm - 1.75vdd

thats something im looking to do! are u water cooled? what other stuff are u using for cooling?

hank?

how did the temps respond to your chipset mod cooler, i have a coolermaster pac_p01 real similar to your zalman there and was kinda thinking of the same thing with zippy tyes, you basically did exactly what I was thinking of doing when I go ahead and get the board, curious to how it responds as I should have something setup similar

First of all there is almost no noise with this combination, as for temps... well it is about 35c on my attic (sitting here topless now :sweat: ) tempreader(s) shows 40c idle and 45c load

Memtest off floppy runs flawless here !!!!200,210,225,231,250

As far as the voltage setting I have to leave CPU VID Control alone , not even touch it (lol)If i do system might boot but no windows (BSOD) sometimes it clears my cmos then i need to reset everything

the next line (not quiet sure what it's called not in my bios) if i set it to +2 my voltage will go from 1.29 to 1.40. Not haveing any fluctuation problems with temps or voltage,temps are around 38c (100.1F) board temp is alittle higher around 102F

As long as it's not crashing and i can play UT2004 Online i'm happy for now (rofl)