NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol I keep getting random reboots at these settings.....1.6v should be enough :P

Memory is stable....OCCT works great, but all of the sudden reboot, not at a specific point, sometimes at boot up, somtimes after 6 minutes of OCCT....

lol I'll wait for the new bios :nod:

lol I keep getting random reboots at these settings.....1.6v should be enough :P

Memory is stable....OCCT works great, but all of the sudden reboot, not at a specific point, sometimes at boot up, somtimes after 6 minutes of OCCT....

lol I'll wait for the new bios :nod:

Is this set in the BIOS and then booting?

Maybe use some tools for OC.

Smartguardian for system info's, ClockGen for little HTT steps and A64 Tweaker 0.60Beta for showing and setting all the DFI DRAM timings and configuration parameters (Warning: A64 Tweaker can't save and load the setting on HDD for later use correct!! it's a Beta ... with littly bug) and all together with 'Prime95 Turture Blend test' OR 'OCCT stabilty test'

Wow i've only been offline for a couple of days and I have to read like 8 more pages.

Interesting to see quite a vast range of results, mostly negative at this stage, but it's nice to see that some aren't having any probs. Considering that I'm not going to be using onboard SATA RAID i'm clear for that issue, but running at 2T is really something that i'm concerned about. Unless I actually loosen timings to run 310 1:1 it seems it'll be a prob.

I guess there is an upside to getting this board a little later than others.

---dens

Not sure where you guys are getting this "year old" stuff from.

The 939 chips were released to the market a year ago.

These 939 AGP boards are fairly new to the market.

DFI showed DFI Lanparty NF3 ultra-D one year ago @ Computex 2004.

For example, HERE you can find a report about it.

As everyone can see, old layout and features were better than current ones: FOUR (and not only two) SAta ports by NF3 not so stupidly close to 939 socket; DDR slots layout better than the current one; FOUR (and not only two) SAta ports with onboard PCI cntrl (SI3114 vs Marvell 88SR3020); 8 channels audio with Karajan module (the same used on DFI NF4 mobos), against current 6 channels and so on.

DFI showed DFI Lanparty NF3 ultra-D one year ago @ Computex 2004.

For example, HERE you can find a report about it.

As everyone can see, old layout and features were better than current ones: FOUR (and not only two) SAta ports by NF3 not so stupidly close to 939 socket; DDR slots layout better than the current one; FOUR (and not only two) SAta ports with onboard PCI cntrl (SI3114 vs Marvell 88SR3020); 8 channels audio with Karajan module (the same used on DFI NF4 mobos), against current 6 channels and so on.

I completely agree with you. This is an evidence, not an opinion.

I could tell that the nf3 ultra mobos arrived in september 2004, so DFI come here only 9 months later..not twelve :nod:

Maybe they had some issues with it I really don't know....it's unclear to me why they didn't release it in that form.... :)

Point is, they decided to not go with that layout, and we have this board. So, I don't care about looks or how a board should look like...this is what we have, the only thing I can see on this board is the SATA ports...they could have been a bit better...

but looks in every way a different board..even up to the fan headers... :) :nod:

This was what I was counting on this board to be - everything that the Neo2 wasn't. I really hope that a few BIOS updates can turn this board around.

Thing is, I really wonder why they ended up going with this board layout - I mean, if that setup worked, why change it so drastically? Not that i'm saying that it did work (being just a show version and all) but if it was a possible solution...

---dens