NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Guest cisco kid

How many are running 4 dimms on this board and also are the yellow the correct or recommended ones. This thread is just way to long to sift and read through

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many are running 4 dimms on this board and also are the yellow the correct or recommended ones. This thread is just way to long to sift and read through

there are conflicting views On the yellow or orage slots... Personaly I have had far better results in the orange slots. But to be honest time and testing is all you can do to find out which youre particular board likes.

With that being said Normaly the closest to the CPU are the best as the traces are normaly shorter(but some board makers account for the difference.. By Makeing trace length equal to all dimms)

x2 users can post theirs succesfull overclocks with what bios what core etc ?

See sig..

My board rox.. DFI apparently had some problems in their Quality Control.. Nothing more than that.. The board clearly is not "DEFECTIVE" .. They did obviously ship some that were.

Rodan.. I can assure you that my Nf3/x850 agp are running in the top 5% of everything out there.. I hardly consider it a waste of time to hang on to the NF3 for the time being... especially if one has purchased a high end card in the last 6 mo.. Bragging rights would be all you could get going NF4.. and you would have to look long and hard to find somebody you werent already beating in benches!! LOL..

Lets not dredge up tired old subjects.. Peace!!

Swapped back to my Winne and having no issues doing 300HTT on BIOS 824. My BH-5 are doing 241MHz at 2-2-2 at 3.4V.

I don't quite like BIOS 8xx because the lack of Vcore. Setting the Vcore to 1.850 through the BIOS gives me only 1.71V in CPU-z! BIOS 7xx gave me up to 1.9+V in CPU-Z! My Winne loves volt like mad...

Also, there still a CPU temp fluctiation bug in the latest BIOS but its a little less buggier now :P

Sounds More like its starving for power.. What voltages are you using? And pc2700.. Man if you can hit Even close to 250HTT(if you are running 1:1) thats a H_ll of a memory overclock

.And as far as The 5xLTD/FSb You arent going to notice any performance gain . Form 4X to 5X.. as long as you are in the 700 to 1000 range you wont realy have a noticeable difference.

Just a suggestion would be to look at voltages.. and measure you 12v,5v,3.3v. rails with a DVM at the socket and not in the BIOS

I used the 133 setting so at 250 the memory was at 166Mhz

12V = 11.960

5V = 4.980

Forgot to measure the 3.3 :mad:

I think I'll try upping the chipset voltage tonight and see what that does. Any idea where I should monitor this with a DMM?

12V = 11.960

5V = 4.980

I think I'll try upping the chipset voltage tonight and see what that does. Any idea where I should monitor this with a DMM?

my rails have d same values with yours, as for d +3.3, d value is 3.18V.

I got d pfn_list screen too when i clock my e3 with 311*9, regardless how many vcore i put onto it.

anyone face d same problem too already came out with solution? i believe 2.7 ain't gonna be the max for my e3 (0516). :(

12V = 11.960

5V = 4.980

why I said it sounds like starving for Voltage is reading youre spec's and what you describe the problem you are having . That ANtec 350 Is realy being taxed. You measured voltages arent too bad. But you have a lot For it to power.

Can tell you this for sure.. I have a Antec 350 Smart Blue.. I have tried it on 4 of these boards.. with just 2 80mm fans 1 Ide drive.Xp90 Heatsink 1 CDROM !floppy. And a 9800XT.. And I flat ran out of power with a 3000 vinny @2200.

I would recommend at least a 430Watt for what you have and then worry about what youre rail voltages are.. They could be 12.5v,5.15v, 3.6v And it wont do any good if you dont have enought power to go around.

Set the chipset Voltage to 1.75 and temp wise you should be ok.. It will over volt a little on the chipset, to in the neighborhood of 1.78v So that would be plenty

my rails have d same values with yours, as for d +3.3, d value is 3.18V.

I got d pfn_list screen too when i clock my e3 with 311*9, regardless how many vcore i put onto it.

anyone face d same problem too already came out with solution? i believe 2.7 ain't gonna be the max for my e3 (0516). :(

My 3000 Vinny maxes out at 2790@ 9X310HTT X 166 Max FSB. Wont go 1 HTT higher.

With 8 multiplier it maxes out at 8X336HTT X 166 Max FSB @2688MHZ Both with 1.7 VCore