NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Got a couple question for some of you guru's out there.

1. How well does the Venice memory controller handle 2GB RAM, such as 512x4? Would you be able to still have low latency and high FSB speeds?

2. What do you guys think the chances of them releasing a BIOS that allows for more than 3.2V on the vDimm? If DFI never releases one do you think anyone could make a modded BIOS for that?

I have a DDR Booster and 4 sticks of 512 BH-5 that I might try and use but if the memory controller wont allow high speeds then I wont need a higher vDimm BIOS anyway, I'd just use the Booster, but if it can handle 512x4 I'd like to not have to use the Booster for high Voltages.

Thanks.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a couple question for some of you guru's out there.

1. How well does the Venice memory controller handle 2GB RAM, such as 512x4? Would you be able to still have low latency and high FSB speeds?

2. What do you guys think the chances of them releasing a BIOS that allows for more than 3.2V on the vDimm? If DFI never releases one do you think anyone could make a modded BIOS for that?

I have a DDR Booster and 4 sticks of 512 BH-5 that I might try and use but if the memory controller wont allow high speeds then I wont need a higher vDimm BIOS anyway, I'd just use the Booster, but if it can handle 512x4 I'd like to not have to use the Booster for high Voltages.

Thanks.

Tic-Tac just released some new 4v bios based on the 5/04/05 so I imagine he'll probably have something in the works for the NF3 939 sometime soon...Maybe :D

Tic-Tac just released some new 4v bios based on the 5/04/05 so I imagine he'll probably have something in the works for the NF3 939 sometime soon...Maybe :D

Ah, thats cool, he used to make tons of BIOSes for the Abit NF7-S, heh.

Anyone know how well the Venice handles 512x4 and tight timings and/or high FSB?

i guess i better get building this thing eh?

since there is no bios to allow for higher than 3.2v vdimm, I will begin with 4x512MB TCCD Buffalo Technologies with an X2 4400+ cpu...i hope to try some RAID at some point but I just do not have enough hdd's to do this at the moment. I also have only a 9700Pro as my best vid AGP card until my X800 Pro gets returned from RMA.

yep, my apologies on the off topic thread AG, just a lil humor, anyhow awaiting your findings, and after talking with the mwave guys it seems they should have some early next week, ill probably do it then, that way all the inital things to watch out for should have been identified by then

best of luck to u

Ole Guy? Reckon whar to put the cold boot if it happens? Heheehehehe. I am still drooling over the box. Afraid to open it. :nod: Such a freeken purty box.

RGone... :nod: :D :nod:

Ole Guy? Reckon whar to put the cold boot if it happens? Heheehehehe. I am still drooling over the box. Afraid to open it. :nod: Such a freeken purty box.

RGone... :nod: :D :nod:

I think a twisted indivigil like yerself can come up with some right creeeative places for that thar boot...

shipping bios booted my X2 4400+ right up, tho at DDR333 (only have a single stick of TCCD in it at the moment, note to everyone, put the stick in slot closest to cpu first, i started in the last DIMM slot and it just beeped at me lol)