NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Guest bobyjo

Which audio drivers are you installing? With most nF3 U D boards there are two audio driver sets. One would be nVidia, don't remember what the other is. You may have the wrong drivers installed. Just a thought.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which audio drivers are you installing? With most nF3 U D boards there are two audio driver sets. One would be nVidia, don't remember what the other is. You may have the wrong drivers installed. Just a thought.

i don't think you're getting it...

from the sounds of it...the sound card isn't even being picked up as "PCI AUDIO DEVICE" or "UNKNOWN DEVICE"...

so, its not that he's installing the wrong drivers...the on-board sound card isn't being picked up at all....am i right?

unfourtunetly, im not sure what you can do...if its enabled in the BIOS...maybe boot into SAFE MODE and make sure there isn't something conflicting with it (ie, the NVIDIA audio drivers that you installed earlier)

and, do you have a PCI sound card installed???

pantonious,

u are right.

it cant even know my audio harddrive is there.

i dont have a extra sound card.

noob question: how to boot to safe mode :) ??

F8 during the first windows load screen (the black one :D )

Guest bobyjo

pantonious::Yea I do get it,

you are attempting to use the onboard sound. Eventually the sound device is not showing up in device manager. Unless you have the proper drivers installed, there will be no sound device listed in device manager.

That is just the way onboard sound is.

If you install a sound card, yes it will show up in device manager as a hardware component.

Onboard sound is basically not a hardware sound component, it is a software component built into the chipset. Did you install the chipset drivers, immediately after installing your OS?

That is normally the way it has to be done, this way all the hardware devices will be recognized the first time you boot after installing the chipset drivers.

My pc just locked up after 20minutes of bf2 wtf is going on with this system????

Prime stable for over 1 hours and only 20min of bf2

Going to try 9.5x265

Let it prime overnight if yer impatient...one hour don't tell you squat...

7hrfail0xi.th.jpg

pantonious::Yea I do get it,

you are attempting to use the onboard sound. Eventually the sound device is not showing up in device manager. Unless you have the proper drivers installed, there will be no sound device listed in device manager.

That is just the way onboard sound is.

If you install a sound card, yes it will show up in device manager as a hardware component.

Onboard sound is basically not a hardware sound component, it is a software component built into the chipset. Did you install the chipset drivers, immediately after installing your OS?

That is normally the way it has to be done, this way all the hardware devices will be recognized the first time you boot after installing the chipset drivers.

noooo...if you don't install the drivers, it still shows up at some kind of device, depending on the actual audio chipset and windows version...

i actually had a similar problem when i got the board, i couldn't understand why my NVIDIA sound wasn't getting installed...just kept on showing up as a "yellow" device in DEVICE MANAGER...until i looked on the DFI CD (i had a downloaded NForce drivers that i used...) then i noticed it was REALTEK :P

Unless you have the proper drivers installed, there will be no sound device listed in device manager.

so, then, is that the same with on-board network and on-board GFX???

Today i got my 2x512 pc3200 MDT ram back. So i putted in my board and it booted! When i put the htt bus on 312 and divider on 133 forced it would not work ! While on my 2x256 mb kingston ram it would run @ 312 htt :|. Now i can only run 2.6 ghz and not the 2.8 ghz when i had my kingston ram. Someone know how to fix this?

Guest bobyjo

pantonious ::I don't come here to argue, or start anything.

I have come here simply to help others, as well as find solutions to any problem I may have.

The sound works super on our systems.

We have four systems and three have OB Sound, they all work great as far as onboard sound goes.

My system has an Audigy 2 sound card in it and it works great also.

Thanks BJ

pantonious ::I don't come here to argue, or start anything.

I have come here simply to help others, as well as find solutions to any problem I may have.

The sound works super on our systems.

We have four systems and three have OB Sound, they all work great as far as onboard sound goes.

My system has an Audigy 2 sound card in it and it works great also.

Thanks BJ

ah...ok...

i never said there was anything wrong with the on-board sound...i occasionally use it :P

however, the advice you were giving (IMO) was wrong, and if no-one said anything, xinty could've spent hours/days even messing around with drivers trying to get it installed, when he may have to RMA the board...