NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

After playing around some more on this board I definitely agree with Absoloot and I think one other person that wished for a ratio like 10:9

That's what was great about the NF7-S board was being able to choose from a huge variety of ratios....limited to only 100, 133 and 166 kind of sucks =/

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it the ocz booster compatible with this board ?

Is it useless to test more before a good bios , I block with spi 32M , at the last itteration (24 finished yet) when it should give me the result the system reboot , I have tried different voltage with no succes ( 2.8ghz from 1.6v to 1.8v) I even remove the ihs but now it won't boot anymore with 1.8v (1.73v max) or more than 270mhz fsb (I have made all test ram at 100) and temp isn't the problem (burning now for 2 hours ihs out @ 1.73 give ~49°c with 22°c ambiant )

Actually there was no 6/30 or 7/01 and I think there will be no more at this time or so it seems.

RGone...

Hey! We went a day without a new BIOS.... 702 should be due today... There's 702 for the nF4 Ultra series.... :D

Actually there was no 6/30 or 7/01 and I think there will be no more at this time or so it seems.

RGone...

Yes, of course.... :nod:

I'm banging away at this board for so many hours now, days are passing me by.... :P

This board has the potential to be the best nF3 S939 board yet. And I have the MSI Neo2 Platinum and the Epox-9NDA3+..... :D

Guest Lucky

wow some peeps are having lots of troubles...not me though :)

Im gaming in 4 hour sessions rock solid at 2.77 11x252 2-2-2-6 2T

Orig bios

Voltage set at 1.475 + .4 for 1.648

Booster with 3.6v on Value UTT bh5

Most RAM settings at auto, dynamic cycle count on 256

Using closest slots to cpu.

Chipset 1.75 and 3x HT, disable c&q

Using Pata on 67

I do however have cold boot probs, 2nd reset works but loads 200fsb with all timings intact. re-enter bios and restart for previous settings to load.

After setting fsb too high for this chip...*hoping*...I used the power off/insert and it worked. I havent used ccmos yet and have 2.77Ghz 24/7 speed.

Using 7000cu with excellent results from low ambients. :cool:

Rare board, but its ok, runned succesfully @ 311x9 on my venice 3000+ pretty stable.

Cold boot up problem:

The chipset doesn't correctly lock the pci/agp bus. So if you start up the board wont load because the pci/agp bus is to high. Then it loads in save mode and after saving the bios the locks finnaly working! I hope there comes a bios fix! :)

A few days ago i did put 1 stick of 512 mb memory in slot 4 on the motherboard. And just killed the whole mobo. The only thing it did was spin up the fans for 1 sec, also the red light by ram did goes off.

I had to rma it :( Not really funny because the board was only 5 days old :'(

Now i'm just waiting for my new dfi :nod:

Man if I have to clear the cmos one more time because holding the "insert" key down while booting does not load defaults or 3dmark2k1 locks at minimum card clocks> there may be an explosion before the fourth fireworks.

Frustrated is a minimalist description of how I am feeling this second.

RGone... :confused: :dog:

u too eh? heh... i can do the routine in my sleep now... power button... reset button + insert key... delete.... f10.... enter.... omg... imma have a nightmare soon. ;)

I measured Vcore and Vdimm using a Digital Multi-Meter. Here's what I got:

DFI nF3 Ultra-D

602 Bios

Venice 3200

Vcore

Default = 1.34V

CPU VID 1.50 = 1.44V

CPU VID 1.55 = 1.50V

Default +.1 = 1.38V

Default +.2 = 1.46V

Default +.3 = 1.51V

Default +.4 = 1.63V