Ultra fast download speed oh yeah!

Trevor

No it was from the internet and I was downloading from fileplanet and right when I clicked save It was showing speeds way faster like ad two zeros to the number in the image. Well I saved an Image of it later when It slowed down alot but Its still fast considering I've got 5mbps earthlink cable.

Wish we could get speeds like that :D I'm just on a measly 1mb down/256k up connection at the moment. Fastest i can possibly get is 8mb.

I can't wait for the ADSL 2+ Standard to come out over here later this year :nod:

Still, those Japs and Koreans really put us to shame... What are they on now, 1gb connections? Sweden have a pretty fine network too...

i use firefox and when i click to save, but pause for a few moments (or minutes) then finally 'ok' it, it will show 100MB/s download speed as it begins downloading the instant you click on it, but then the 'download meter' has to refresh itself and catch up (im really only downloading @ 500k/s but for about 30-60 seconds it shows me downloading 100MB/s from all that it has downloaded between the time i clicked to download, and i actually said 'ok put it here')

i use firefox and when i click to save, but pause for a few moments (or minutes) then finally 'ok' it, it will show 100MB/s download speed as it begins downloading the instant you click on it, but then the 'download meter' has to refresh itself and catch up (im really only downloading @ 500k/s but for about 30-60 seconds it shows me downloading 100MB/s from all that it has downloaded between the time i clicked to download, and i actually said 'ok put it here')

IE does exactly the same. It starts downloading it as soon as you click on it so when you've finally decided where to save it it starts showing really high download times until it catches up.

Yeah that must be what happened to me because I was when waiting in line I was In a game so when I got out of the game I saw it was ready so I clicked the save button then it was showing really fast speeds and It took a few minutes to come down.