3000+ Vencie and Geil Ultra-X ram

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still at work only a couple more hours to go. But I did try to boot up at 3.0 once last night and defintely did not boot. That was at 228 FSB. I will post tonight on how things turnout with 510-2 bios and higher voltage (I'm going to go 3.4V and rig up a 80mm fan over top).

;)

not gonna say it will work for you...there's always too many variables in overclocking, but if you got Geil that is BH-5/UTT and a decent 3000+, and a good psu (which you dont have a good 24-pin psu for your NF4 looks like) etc then you will probably have as good of luck as I had ;)

I'm back woot! after a half hour drive took two hours because of traffic I'm finally able to work on this thing. NCSA you were right they have the p/n number that is for UTT-BH5 and not TCCD. I flashed the 510-2 Bios and as I am posting this have prime95 running error free at DDR470 1.5,3,3,6

Temps are hovering around 48-49C. Tried moving an exhaust fan right next to the cpu hs/f but no help, tried facing it at the heatsink, still no help. I think a XP-90 and 92mm fan are called for. I would like to try reseating first, but it would suk to have to restart my overclock (though restarting is half the fun isnt it?...). Thanks for the help guys, I'll keep this post updated as I get more results. CPU-Z screenshots are attached.