4v NF4 Jumper Worrying You? Try This Trick!

umm, maybe I don't understand ... I have 3.5 volts on my 3.3volt rail (measured at atx block header plugged in, running at idle). My bios is set to 3.3, I measure 3.38v of vdimm on the memory (missing cap by memory slots)

So in other words the bios and vdimm regulation circuitry is reducing my 3.5volt psu rail voltage to 3.38volts applied vdimm - that's a 0.08v over-volt from the bios setting of 3.3volts

I assume that if I set my bios to 3.4 it would apply 3.48 to the vdimm and with only a 0.02volt extra on the rail, this would be marginal and I would likely want to raise the rail to 3.6 or so.

There are also some mobo opamp mods that will allow you to precisely control the actual vdimm

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah ok, my mistake, I misread your post. 3.5V sounds reasonable for 3.3 setting (I actually need a bit more to get completely stable). I get very similar readings myself with the memory showing slightly higher voltages in bios and as measured by DMM

I am getting a new PSU so i can use this trick. Ive read somewhere the trick doesnt work with the new 6.18 bios (no higher then 3,2v in bios selectable when using jumpertrick).

Are there people out here using the trick with 6.18 bios? Any info much appreciated. Cheers

Yes, it works with the 618-2 BIOS. However, for me, the 510-2 is a better option.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Tagen 480w (TG480-U22) if I do the jumper trick and set the voltage to 3.3v with the .03v option will this work as I dont have to have any higher voltage for my XP4000 redline to work nice? Obviously my psu dont have adjustable rails but if its feeding a decent 3.3v would it be enough?

I have a Tagen 480w (TG480-U22) if I do the jumper trick and set the voltage to 3.3v with the .03v option will this work as I dont have to have any higher voltage for my XP4000 redline to work nice? Obviously my psu dont have adjustable rails but if its feeding a decent 3.3v would it be enough?

NO.. Your 3.3v rail NEEDS to be .15-.20v above what ever vdimm you are planing on using.. Also the +.03 option only works when using vdimm 3.1v and below..

Guest gijoe
incorrect...if you set the Genie BIOS to only 3.2v, no matter how much you adjust the 3.3v rail on the psu, the bios will not give you more than the 3.2v you set in the Genie BIOS

having the same problem and i have the jumper over :(

So a quick question because i cant see it clearly just what ive read.

If i ve reazd it right the jumper has to be over the to the right taking one from the 4v+ side ?Its not over all 3 pins is it?

Sorry for the sill Q but i cant see it that well in the photo and and i cant get more than the 3.2 in the bios.

best and thx joe

have to fix my sig but its now the lastest beta bios with the ocz 4000vx

having the same problem and i have the jumper over :(

So a quick question because i cant see it clearly just what ive read.

If i ve reazd it right the jumper has to be over the to the right taking one from the 4v+ side ?Its not over all 3 pins is it?

Sorry for the sill Q but i cant see it that well in the photo and and i cant get more than the 3.2 in the bios.

best and thx joe

have to fix my sig but its now the lastest beta bios with the ocz 4000vx

Does this make it clearer.. ? ( My awsome photoshop skills.. )

33v4vjumpercopy9kk.jpg

:nod: :shake: :nod:

Guest gijoe
Does this make it clearer.. ? ( My awsome photoshop skills.. )

33v4vjumpercopy9kk.jpg

:nod: :shake: :nod:

lol i asume youve really tryed to help but i dont seem to have any photes to click on etc?strange

best joe

oooops sorry to a while to see them thanks m8

there you go silly me

:)

Guest gijoe

me again,

Weill i did asume right and i have done excatly as the pic so would there be any other reason that i do not have +than the standard 3.2v in the bios?

best and thanks again

joe

ps thats a damn good pic m8 :)

me again,

Weill i did asume right and i have done excatly as the pic so would there be any other reason that i do not have +than the standard 3.2v in the bios?

best and thanks again

joe

ps thats a damn good pic m8 :)

Have you adjusted your 3.3v rail on your psu higher ?

Guest gijoe

Idd i start by resetting defaults in the bios

changed vdimm to 2.8

changed pins and uped the v to 3.3v rebooted

went into the bios nothing but 3.2 setting

did that again cleared cmos

tryed again when to 3.5 just to see checked in the bios 3.5v idd rebooted went back to bios and still only 3.2v available :(

any ideas?

best joe