Another person with dual channel issues...

Hi folks. I recently got this rig up and running. Everything was pretty easy and smooth going until I tried for dual channel setup. After a lot of aggravating reboots I asked around and did a little bit of research & was told to set the ram to 2T.

Success!!

Finally I could get past the login screen in windows and game/surf or what ever else.

Everywhere I have read says that 2T is pretty much a nerf on these A64 chips. Is there a possibility that I could get to a 1T timing? I like optimal performance and knowing that 2T isn't optimal, this really aggravates me.

System specs:

Ultra-D board w/310 bios

Mushkin 2x512 PC3200 CL2 Blue @ 2.8v

3500+ (clawhammer core)/stock cooling for the time being @ 1.5v

OCZ 450 Modstream

Gigabyte 6600GT

The rest is whatever is on the board and then your standard drives setup. Nothing too special here.

Thanks for any and all help in advance!!

**edit**

Stupid signature not working.....

I'm having similar problems...but haven't tweaked anything yet. I've got the exact same RAM as you and am failing Memtest86, and my games crash to desktop randomly. I'm very frustrated at this point. I guess I will change CPC to 2T. Did you turn the DRAM Interleave off?

By the way, what are your timings? Mine show up as 2-3-3-6 @ DDR400, 1T. Like I said, my setup is not stable at all. Here's my post:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12125

So it sounds like maybe if I change CPC to 2T it might clear up the problem. I may increase my voltage to 2.7 or 2.8 also if the 2T change doesn't work by itself.

I had similar problems and disabling DRAM Bank Interleave solved it, 14 hours MemTest 86 stable. Still at 1T. Might try that.

If that's stable (or not), and/or you want 1T on, you might try bumping the voltage to the DRAM. I've been suggested to try it, perhaps from 2.5 to 2.7.

Personally I'm not an aggressive overclocker, I prefer to run defaults knowing it'll last forever. But I will up the voltage to my RAM to get the stability at the rated RAM settings that I paid for (2-2-2-5, Interleave ON, dual-channel.)

I'm getting dual-channel issues, and none of the reccomendations in this thread have helped :mad:. I have my RAM (2*512MB of "Value VX") in slots 1 & 2 now, so i can at least use all of it. DFI reccomends using slots 2 & 4 for overclocking, so I feel sort of angry right now that I can't use a feature that should help my overclock (just got the system up this week, so I haven't actually had much time to tweak it yet). If anyone knows of anything else that will help, please post.

Thank you.

Am stunned to see so many pb linked to DIMMS

Got yesterday my DIMM3 & DIMM4 died suddenly

Nothing monster clocking 3.2v on 2x UTT from Twinmos

Both slots are completely unable to host any DDR , either BH5 or UTT

I got in the past some boot pb, problem raise more and more untill teh day they died

So I was finally able to stabalize my system. I increased my Vdimm from defaul (2.6V) up to 2.9V. I am now running stable at 2-3-3-6 1T with Interleave enabled. I'm going to bump up the voltage just a little bit more and see if I can tighten up the timings to 2-2-2-5.

Hi, sorry for taking a bit to reply.

My timings are at 2-2-3. It's what the board auto-defaulted the timings too for this. The only thing I have changed has been the adjustment from 1T to 2T and a voltage bump.

I'll try bumping the voltage a bit more and disabling the interleave and see if I can get the 1T stable.

System specs:

Ultra-D board w/310 bios

Mushkin 2x512 PC3200 CL2 Blue @ 2.8v

3500+ (clawhammer core)/stock cooling for the time being @ 1.5v

OCZ 450 Modstream

Gigabyte 6600GT

As a side note here. I have some spare ram lying here that is going into my brother's machine. It's OCZ VX Gold.

I noticed a thread here concerning this particular ram. I thought it would be a good idea and throw it in and see how it goes with the reccomended dram settings for this.

It wasn't good at all. After every POST, the system would search for an array...I haven't got a raid setup going.

Could it be that I just have a bum board and just settle for CPC 2 setting?

1t and 2t has basically no difference on a64 chips. maybe 1-4 %. so many people have doen a test and see very very little difference. it made a difference on older chips but not new chips