only 4X CPU mult with 270 fsb

ok amigos here is the story;

to find the limit of my rams i decresaed cpu multiplier to 4X and started heating up my ram. it is old pair of 256 mb xms3200c2(v1.1). It seems unbelieveble but @2,8V it went up to 270 mhz with 2-3-3-7 timings. I tested 4 X 270 mhz many times with memtest in the bios , rmma and memtest in windows , prime95 memory torture and cpu torture. No errors.I didn't try higher fsb and decided to increse cpu multiplier. But when i hit the multiplier up it refuses to boot up. from 5X to 9X no success. Cpu@1,55V now.Chipset 1,6V.

any ideas?

It simply mean either your has a weak memory controller or your CPU VID is not enough. Search for the thread on Winchester CBBID. You did not specify the CPU stepping and core, but it still a good idea to read that thread.

dram/fsb is 1/1 so when cpu at 4*270 rams are 270 mhz.

Actually from what I've heard he's right.

4x multi and half multis (4.5, 5.5, 6.5, 7.5 ...) cannot run true 1:1 no matter what your setting are, or what your programs (such as CPU-Z) reports.

That would be the reason why you can't boot at 5x too, since the memory can't handle true 270MHz.

Try 5x210 and increase the HTT from there and see if you even get close to 270.

Actually from what I've heard he's right.

4x multi and half multis (4.5, 5.5, 6.5, 7.5 ...) cannot run true 1:1 no matter what your setting are, or what your programs (such as CPU-Z) reports.

That would be the reason why you can't boot at 5x too, since the memory can't handle true 270MHz.

Try 5x210 and increase the HTT from there and see if you even get close to 270.

now cpu running 8*300 (1,55v) and rams at 240 mhz 2.2.2.7 stable (it can do 2.2.2.5) :cool:

no way of using higher dram/fsb ratio with 8X cpu multiplier. i will try to keep dram speeds close to this and try to kick up fsb to 320 mhz. i have stock cooling so i don't want to give more than 1,6v with this aliminum crap. no problems with 9 *280 at 1,55V so i hope it goes to 320mhz with lower multiplier. :)