875P-T Past/Present Unsolved Issues

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been having some Quirky issues. One is that the board seems to Load up and pause/freeze doing task. Overclocked or @ stock. I have always though Intel was the king of multi tasking but this system is worse at it then the UT250GB I just tordown.

There are some booting issues, anything past 275FSB in the bios results in a 0Mhz clock/memory post screen.

It boots into windows and shows the correct FSB. Also I have nothing stable over 268FSB 1:1

Also powering on sometimes takes 3-4 tries the fans spin for like 1-2 secs and shut down. It is almost like the board is drawing to much power and triping the powersupply. I think the initial power draw with the board is farly high and on some power supplys it overcurrents them. DFI tech said they have heard of this but have not been able to recreate it on the bench.

I ran SuperPI on a DFI UT250GB with a 3300(2.0G) sempron 64 bit 46Secs stock. This 875P-T superPI 630 prescot 64 bit(3.0G) 45Secs stock.

DFI uT=235.00 board and Proc

DFI 875P-T=424.00 Board and proc.

Most of the issues seem like they could be fixed through a bios. But it could be the clock gen chip too. I am not real sure.

But no matter what no bios is going to gain 200.00 bucks worth of Performance.

Picture%20089.jpg

ByPolar: Start a new thread pertaining to your problem(s) with this board. Once done, let's run through some troubleshooting steps in an attempt to nail down what is the cause of your stock speed settings. If we are able to correct those stock speed boot-up errors, then we can concentrate on any performance issues you may have at stock speeds.

Sound like a good plan to you?

Guest LightSpeed
I have been having some Quirky issues. One is that the board seems to Load up and pause/freeze doing task. Overclocked or @ stock. I have always though Intel was the king of multi tasking but this system is worse at it then the UT250GB I just tordown.

There are some booting issues, anything past 275FSB in the bios results in a 0Mhz clock/memory post screen.

It boots into windows and shows the correct FSB. Also I have nothing stable over 268FSB 1:1

Also powering on sometimes takes 3-4 tries the fans spin for like 1-2 secs and shut down. It is almost like the board is drawing to much power and triping the powersupply. I think the initial power draw with the board is farly high and on some power supplys it overcurrents them. DFI tech said they have heard of this but have not been able to recreate it on the bench.

I ran SuperPI on a DFI UT250GB with a 3300(2.0G) sempron 64 bit 46Secs stock. This 875P-T superPI 630 prescot 64 bit(3.0G) 45Secs stock.

DFI uT=235.00 board and Proc

DFI 875P-T=424.00 Board and proc.

Most of the issues seem like they could be fixed through a bios. But it could be the clock gen chip too. I am not real sure.

But no matter what no bios is going to gain 200.00 bucks worth of Performance.

Picture%20089.jpg

The issue you are having with the system turning on/off is due to the 3.3v rail overvolting when the system turns on, which trips the PSU to turn off. The cause of this is feedback on the 3.3v rail from your ATI 9800 AIW which is interfering with the overvoltage protection circuit on the mainboard. You also are seeing messages stating there is no power connected to your All-In-Wonder as well, right? This issue is very easy to re-create as all one needs is an ATI 9800 series card or anything older than that, and it will re-create itself on demand :nod:

CPU microcode needs to be updated for E0/N0 CPUs and also support for '04B' performance rating CPU. Speedstep needs to be implemented properly in order for overclocking to work right with that chip without seeing visible damage to the CPU with any E0/N0 CPU.

The issue you are seeing with 0x15MHz is caused by a setting called 'auto detect PCI clock'...you want to disable that in the BIOS.

There are alot more issues, but you are not alone in any of the ones you have mentioned. I can re-create any of them easily, so I don't see why DFI can't. :cool:

I am still waiting for a proper BIOS update from DFI....it has been 6 months so far :rolleyes:

So if I get a different Video card, Like a 6600 or a 6800 the Power on Issue should go away?

All I have are 9800pro Video cards,3 of them. I can get for for 100.00-120.00 bucks so I have just been buying them up.

I do have a MX4000 PCI card. I will install it and see if the initial boot issue recures.

does anyone have a 6xx series P4 775 that they can loan Mr Angry for a couple of weeks?

since i cannot seem to get DFI to get me one, I cannot fight for any fixes for you guys...if someone has an extra one laying around they can loan me, I'd like to pop it in (i've got a standard 520 2.8E in it right now @ 3.76) and have a go-round with it.

If i can see the same issues as you guys report then maybe I can scream loud enough at TW to actually fix something....

Guest LightSpeed

Bypolar, I can't say for sure that it will go away with 6600 or 6800 as I don't have either of those cards, but it stopped for me once I put the AIW X800XT in this rig replacing the AIW9800. I know with a mx card you should not have that power on issue, as I have a couple of those kicking around. It seems to be specific to 9800/9700 based cards.

Angry, I have a couple of extra CPUs you could play with as well; D0 3.4E, E0 3.0E..PM me if you want them for a couple weeks as they are just sitting on my desk. The D0 3.4 doesn't work properly with current BIOS, and the E0, well you will just have to find out for yourself :nod:

Travis Hill

2905 N Hampton St

Boise, ID 83704

208-322-7215

whoever has one that can loan one just send it to me...ALWAYS make sure you include a sheet with

name

address

telephone #

forum name

email address

and a list of what you have sent me (so i can make sure you get everything back proper!)

I'll do something nice for ya like hook you up with an OCZ tshirt or some other crap stuff I have laying around hahaha

thx guys...I've not been ignoring the intel section on purpose...but if you have been in the NF4 know at all...its a freakin nightmare that takes up a good 12+ hours of my day...

Guest LightSpeed

consider it done..u will have a package from me next week :)

All I would like is a BIOS that unlocks the full potential of this board...no t-shirt thx :nod: