875P-T Past/Present Unsolved Issues

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be a BIOS issue that is causing improper temp readings though I haven't gotten that far into the BINfile to verify if that is the case. It could also be an improperly programmed sensor I/C on the board too. Once I determine what the actual cause is and have solid data to prove it, then I will present it to Angry_Games for submission to DFI. It will be awhile before I get to that point as I am concentrating on proper CPU support as my primary concern.

I am still working on the Access database with compiling all the information I have gathered. The form is almost completed - at least with what I feel would be the critical information required for submission. I realize that many of you have posted in other threads about the difficulties experienced with certain bus speeds and dividers but I ask that the information be re-posted in a presentable manner here so I can get it entered into the database.

My apologies for taking so long. I have been a busy Goober lately.

I realize that many of you have posted in other threads about the difficulties experienced with certain bus speeds and dividers but I ask that the information be re-posted in a presentable manner here so I can get it entered into the database.

maybe u should give some examples of "information be re-posted in a presentable manner"

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on the BIOS. I just about have the form for posting completed...at least what I feel contains all the pertinent information fields that are needed. Once I am comfortable with the form, I will present it here to get input from you all as to it's viability for user submission.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LightSpeed

CPU microcode needs to be updated for D0, E0, and N0 stepping (I can provide sSpec for CPUs if needed, along with CPU register dump, etc...anything you need just ask for it)

OCCT does not generate any graphs with either E0 or N0 stepping CPU at any FSB, stock or overclocked; stops at 0 mins 0 sec and does nothing. OCCT works fine with D0 stepping up to 11/30 BIOS and up to 279FSB, but is completely broken with *every* CPU in conjunction with any BIOS newer than 11/30, at any FSB.

D0 stepping CPU support is broken and apparent when using memtest (since 11/30 BIOS)

Mobo temp is disabled due to poor placement of temp sensor (too close to northbridge and likely generating worrysome #s for some so they figured to disable it and show a fixed value).

CPU temp is based on mosfets closest to CPU; that is why ppl with vapochill are seeing 74C for CPU temp when it is really -45C, as the insulation is not allowing the mosfets to get adequate cooling. Updated calibration is in order, not only for vapochill but also air/water cooled rigs as the #s are not close to accurate and throttling can occur prematurely as a result.

FSB seems to wander all over the place, and add an extra FSB when it feels like it too.

C1E support should be through TM2 sensor not TM1 AFAIK; could be why the strange things are happening with E0/N0 :confused:

Option to enable/disable EIST would be nice in BIOS but not really a bug...

That's it for now; not gonna even touch the surface about overclocking issues at this point :O

I have not done any overclocking on this board yet,I will here pretty soon. Since it was a new Platform to me I want to get to know it a tad better before I start tweaking.

I would be happy to contribute to this thread as soon as I come up with something.

• 2 weeks later...
I have not done any overclocking on this board yet,I will here pretty soon. Since it was a new Platform to me I want to get to know it a tad better before I start tweaking.

I would be happy to contribute to this thread as soon as I come up with something.

This thread doesn't address overclocking alone, but includes certain CPUs where L1/L2/L3 caches do not perform up to what has been proven to be the 'norm' and have stability problems.